[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly all relationship advice seems to be, if there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1470023848123.png (155KB, 682x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470023848123.png
155KB, 682x540px
Honestly all relationship advice seems to be, if there's a problem, break it off. But it's not so easy meeting new people and it's important to be close to someone. What are the rules of thumb or the questions you can ask yourself to know if your relationship with someone is good and worth pursuing?
>>
File: who-is-jesus-christ-740x405.jpg (38KB, 740x405px) Image search: [Google]
who-is-jesus-christ-740x405.jpg
38KB, 740x405px
>>17466166
Are you both virgins? Then there is a chance based on other factors.

is any of you a fornicator? If so repent. Chastity is your penance. You are incapable of love and unfit to raise children.
>>
>>17466174
this website is too postmodern for me
>>
>>17466166
> it's not easy to meet new people
> it's important to be close to someone

Debatable
>>
>>17466166
>Honestly all relationship advice seems to be, if there's a problem, break it off.

What are you basing this off of? The threads you read where one of the persons in the relationship was a fucking maniac and threatening divorce all the time? It's a case-by-case basis you dolt.
>>
>>17466174
I realize you're being sarcastic, but what your mocking is actually very ancient wisdom. Divorce rates are much, much higher among those with multiple sexual relationships in their past. So it has nothing to do with guns-ho, holier-than-thou fundamentalists with a shallow knowledge of the Bible, it's just good sense and nothing more.
>>
>>17466166
whoever told you to break it off if there's any issue probably has been in a lot of relationships.

No relationship is gonna be perfect, really it's just about finding a person you'd be alright changing a bit for and then rolling with it and making edits when necessary. There's a line obviously but it's completely up to you and your life where that line is gonna be so yeah.

Have fun
>>
>>17466198
i'm not being sarcastic at all. ALL of the bibles commands are good and practical to follow in themselves. There is no "good" secular sense.

God bless.
>>
>>17466487
You're blind if you truly believe there is no wisdom or good sense to be found anywhere but the bible. Any priest or minister will tell you that.
>>
>>17466166
>Honestly all relationship advice seems to be, if there's a problem, break it off.
That only holds for abuse and cheating, and it doesn't even always hold for cheating. We get a high proportion of questions from people in these scenarios, which can make it seem like we just tell everyone to leave no matter what, but that isn't so. Relationships should be repaired and even rebuilt when possible. But it's not always possible.

>But it's not so easy meeting new people and it's important to be close to someone.
These are not reasons to stay in a relationship gone toxic. Being single is better than that.

>What are the rules of thumb or the questions you can ask yourself to know if your relationship with someone is good and worth pursuing?
Ask yourself two questions about this relationship and this feeling:
- Do they make me a better person, or do they trap me where I am?
- Do they make my partner a better person, or do they trap my partner where they are?

If both answers are yes, you should stay. If only one answer is yes, then it might be time to end things, and at the very least it is time to seek help. If both answers are no, it's time to end this.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.