[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm renting an apartment with a triple rent policy, a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 566546546.png (201KB, 857x426px) Image search: [Google]
566546546.png
201KB, 857x426px
If I'm renting an apartment with a triple rent policy, a roomate flees before the lease expires, can they evict me if.

-I'm still paying the full rent
-The combined household income is now less than triple the rent

???
>>
???
>>
>>17465318
Probably not, but you may want to tell your landlord that a roommate disappeared and stopped paying rent.
>>
What country are you in

What is a triple rent policy
>>
Landlord dont give no fucks as long as they get the rent on time.
>>
>>17465318
Only when your lease is up for renewal. This has happened a couple times to people I know. It's especially likely if the management company of your apartment has changed before it was time for you to renew your lease. For example:

Your lease expired in September. A new management company bought the property back in April. You go to renew your lease in September, and the manager on site goes through your file with you to update all the new information and requirements that the new property management company requires. They do this at renewal time, because they treat you like a NEW tenant, because you are technically new to that property management company. Thus you have to submit to the new company's rules. You were grandfathered in up until your lease renewal. So in September you might run the risk of being kicked out if they require you to update your information, such as where you work (for example, new proof of income), roommate situation, etc.

This all depends on the property management company. IF there is a new one, or IF the existing one changed their rules sometime during your stay, before your lease renewal.

So bottom line? It's entirely possible you could get kicked out at renewal. But not right now on your current lease, as long as you can pay your rent.
>>
>>17465701
I don't think you read the post.

Op, you are just as liable for the full amount of rent as anyone else on the lease. When you sign a lease with other people and split the cost among you, you are each individually liable for the entire portion- the landlord can technically come after you for the full amount despite the fact that that roommate dipped. Speak to them immediately and explain the situation, hopefully they will be understanding. You need to start looking dor a new roomate
>>
>>17465685
Murrica, and it means they won't went you an apartment at all unless the household income is 3 times the rent.

>>17465701
Oh good.

>>17465714
No he did, I can pay all the rent fine on my own despite making less than MUH TRIPLE RENT

I don't Drink, my friends all fucked off, I buy maybe 3 games a year, and my only real luxury is I like to cook a decent meal sometimes.

Also single.
>>
>>17465714
No sir, I don't think you read it appropriately.

It is standard that apartments require the leaseholder to earn 3x the amount of rent. If OP is the current leaseholder, then he must be making 3x the amount of rent to be in compliance with the terms of his lease. If he is not the leaseholder, and is instead listed as an occupant, and someone ELSE is the leaseholder, then he has nothing to worry about. It is then the leaseholder's responsibility to ensure that they earn 3x the amount of rent.

But what OP is saying is no one in the household meets that threshold. Regardless of leaseholder. Which is directly relevant to my reply. As soon as his lease expires and he has to renew, it is possible that the management company will kick him out if they find out he is not making the 3x rent amount, regardless of whether or not he is paying his rent. Why? Because they won't sign someone on for half a year, a year or more if they can't feel assured that they will continue to be able to make the rent. for all they know, OP was only able to pay the rent because of savings or some other temporary boon to his income. Hence why there is a 3x income requirement for the rent in the first place. Assurance to the owner that the renter's steady employment will be enough to pay rent through the rest of the lease term.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.