[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got a graphic designer bachelors degree 26 years old lost all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1379901573117.jpg (30KB, 526x456px) Image search: [Google]
1379901573117.jpg
30KB, 526x456px
got a graphic designer bachelors degree 26 years old lost all forms of creativity so i can't do design work, and can't stand it, but can't get another job since you need a different degree for everything plus 2 years of experience. I know I'm not the only one in this situation so advice maybe share your tale?
don't even no what to go back to college for if I had the cash
>>
File: 1465860927737.png (990KB, 1735x699px) Image search: [Google]
1465860927737.png
990KB, 1735x699px
>>
Suck it up, you're in too deep to turn back.
a lot of people who are good at their jobs are miserable and after 10 years or so have to push through a plateau.

this is probably a plateau.
I feel this way about music atm.
>>
File: shitshitshit.png (102KB, 304x254px) Image search: [Google]
shitshitshit.png
102KB, 304x254px
I'm hoping to finish my associates in Web Design next year and even then I enrolled in community college in 2010. Almost all my friends that I graduated HS with, and even the ones that were a year behind me, have their bachelors and are out enjoying life and decent jobs while I'm still part time and in school.
Meanwhile I suck shit at design, can't bring myself to practice for the upcoming semester, and basically suck at the only hobby i had interest in k-12. I don't really have any other interests so I think I can relate OP.
>>
>these threads

Life is scary. The funny thing is that you guys are talking about isn't nearly as bad as it could be, while being pretty horrible.

Anyway, you really should probably stick with your field if you can get a job.
>>
Do some drugs, always helped me with my creativity.

Jokes aside, there are plenty of ways to mesh your graphics career into other outlets. You'd be surprised what jobs are searching for a creative to help out or to help structure stuff. It's a rut, I know and they suck, but maybe looking for a new job with the same qualifications will be best.

And just so you know, I'm in the same situation with a BFA in graphic design. I've managed to make it worth while, lived in NYC and SF, but somewhere along the way I pretty much turned into a bullshit artist, not scamming companies mind you but pretty much playing myself up for positions, getting them, and then studying like hell to make it work... Like "art director"... common man. Not exactly jackson pollock but I'll take it. Most of the time it goes well. Such is life.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.