[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried asking this in /biz/ before but I only got shitposts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: adv.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
adv.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I tried asking this in /biz/ before but I only got shitposts, please help me /adv/

I have found myself in a position where I have a completely ride through college, I only need to pay for my books and housing. Tuition is %100 covered for me, both at the undergraduate (bachelor's) and graduate (master's or doctorate) level.

I don't know how to put this without giving too much of anonymity up, but I will say that the only catch is that it HAS to be an in-state public university that I attend. I live in Indiana.
The thing is, I don't know what to do. I'm sort of depressed, I never gave a shit about anything, in high school I was a slacker, got out with a 3.2 gpa without trying, but I always sucked with math.
I never planned on doing anything beyond an associates degree but suddenly I have found myself in these circumstances. I have no idea what to do - nothing interests me. That isn't to say I'm unwilling to study, I just never gave a fuck.

I got out of high school early in 2014, and enrolled in an online associates program for IT. I finish in 9 months, and I haven't learned shit, and I truly mean that.

What do I do now? I have 9 months left before I have to determine how my life will play out, and I don't know what the wisest way to handle this is.
>>
Take gen eds the first year while you think about what to study. Go thru a list of jobs and research them.
>>
>>17465122
>I have to determine how my life will play out, and I don't know what the wisest way to handle this is.
No you don't.
The belief that what you do in college will decide your career is cancer and you should forget it.
My advice is pick a field you can make some money at.
STEM, Finance, Accounting, Medicine, Business, or better Entrepreneurship Something that's not going away, This will give you the option to go into a nice job when you are done with school. But really it doesn't matter and you can safely change your major if you hate it, (Just don't do that too many times.)

Work life != Real life.
Not saying they can't just saying they don't have to.
>>
>>17465160
I have thought about going into law, optometry, dentistry, or just general medicine (doctor or PA) for my graduate studies, but I don't know what to do for my undergrad

I've considered studying to be an x-ray tech for my undergrad, but I don't know if I'm smart enough
>>
>>17465136
This OP
Im a 5th year at Uni in CA, could have graduated in 3 years if I did more research on what I wanted to do . I also have a full tuition covered like you.
1st year take all GEs, figure out what you want to do, take classes for fun in Summer if offered.
Consider getting a part time job or internship if you can handle school.
Take your time, dont over do things, dont rush it, just make sure you work on what YOU want to do.
>>
>>17465172
May I ask what your circumstances are?

I have 45k for my undergrad, and a state program that covers 4 years of graduate or undergraduate school.
It just is that I really don't know what I want to do, I feel so fucked. I have the opportunity of a lifetime, and yet I don't know how to use it properly
>>
>>17465187
I studied alot of Bio, Chemistry, Physics, and other sciences for about 3 years. Loved it, but I didnt see myself working in a Lab for the rest of my life. Eventually I took some foreign languages and it seemed interesting. Im currently studying linguistics and now im on my 5th year in Uni, still with all my tuition fully covered. Im currently working as a Security Guard and am planning on going into the Military as an Officer after i graduate. On top of my tuition already being paid for i can receive another 65k from the Military aid if i choose to continue Graduate school or a Second Bachelors, etc.
I do feel kinda bummed that I basically spend 3 years of my life on classes that wont be of use for my degree, but I like science and wouldnt mind getting that as a second degree.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.