[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, there it is, I'm 27 as of now. Like any other miserable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: taxi-driver-poster-2.jpg (242KB, 680x1037px) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-poster-2.jpg
242KB, 680x1037px
Well, there it is, I'm 27 as of now. Like any other miserable birthday except I actually feel old, even found 6 grey hairs.

Still in a dead end job, still a socially awkward withdrawn twat with no semblance of a social life, still have 17k worth of student loans,...Jesus Christ did anyone know life was going to be this bad? I mean, I knew it was going to be miserable but fuck me...

To top it off my area is now crawling with hipsters who don't seem to have a single worry except how drunk they're going to get tonight.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should do tonight? I'm thinking I should go to Ladbrokes and put down £100 on something.
>>
Go talk to girls
>>
>>17465000
Where abouts in the UK are you dubsman?
>>
>>17465039
Somewhere in London. Used to be a shit estate but it's become flooded with hipsters, yuppies and students.
>>
>>17465047
Not near me then, but I've been using a site called meetup.com for months now. The london scene for it is huge, you can find a group for almost anything you're into, and everyone else there is someone looking to meet people and do things, so it isn't awkward and newbs are always welcome. I went from 0 friends to tons of friends and a girlfriend thanks to that site, all in 8 months.
>>
>>17465055
This. Meetup is pretty good for meeting and making friends
>>
>>17465119
>>17465055
What Meetup stuff do you do? That site is so overwhelming I don't know where/how to begin.
>>
>>17465142
What do you like doing?
>>
>>17465000
I don't ask this to try and belittle you, but because I genuinely wish I could go back in time and advise myself. Are you in pain? I used to be miserable, unmotivated, withdrawn etc etc, but I wasn't in pain. Then I had an accident, and I'm... still all of those things! But now I'm in pain every conscious moment with little prospect of that changing. If I could go back in time I would do things so fucking differently - I wouldn't waste a damn moment. Fuck the hipsters. Place the bet if you want, betting is fun, but whatever you do don't bet stupid amounts - don't lose stupid amounts (another mistake I've made). Grey hairs? I knew a guy who was completely salt and pepper at 24 and he looked good! If you've still got hair, that's something else to celebrate!

I know it gets repeated a lot, but if you can exercise (something that gets your heart beating, not just a walk) you should do that. It could have a significant effect on your mood. And if you're straight, try to find a woman. Don't rush it, however tempting it is, but use the Internet, use real life, use whatever tools you have.
>>
>>17466113
Aside from from video games and the telly?

>>17466131
>accident
What happened?
>>
I know what your problem is OP. 100% this.

You have standards. Those hipsters don't have standards, they have no shame and no conscious. You think and observe, you question, you have a head on your shoulders. This mean you will never be able to compete with a pig who only thinks of sex. Also, having a higher conscience means being able to feel, which means being in pain once in a while.

So either turn yourself stupid, or keep being yourself. You will eventually find a girl that likes you, that or you will die alone. You can try pretending to be something your not but it won't work. The only flaw I see is that your social withdrawal may be due to fear... don't be afraid of others, especially the pigs. But people who care about others are always left alittle hurt know what i mean. Take care.
>>
>>17466450
I hate hipsters cos of a VERY different reason to you and I don't have a narcissistic view of myself as you seem to do.
>>
>>17466270
It's a start. When I was using it before I moved there were quite a few "geek" meetup groups mostly focused on things like tabletop gaming and such. You may not be huge on boardgames but if you hit up meetups like that them you're sure to find people who are into video games and the TV shows that you would be into

A lot of meetups seem focused on simply going to bars, restaurants, or cafés with people who are specifically trying to meet new people. So join those and go get drinks with them. You don't have to be as anxious because everyone is there to do what you're doing, making some new friends.

Another popular theme was fitness in the way of hiking, biking, or running. You might consider joining a short hike to join some others with, maybe grab food and drinks with the group afterwards. You will probably have to be open to starting a new hobby though.
>>
>>17465000
Happy birthday anon.
First, guys with grey hair are hot as fuck. Like, really. I never met a guy in his late 20s who looked worse than he did in his early 20s.

As some other anons suggested, try meetups! You can actually meet pretty fun people there, and it's a good way to make friends.
>>
>>17466131
fuck, im sorry, anon
>>
30yo anon here

For me, 27 was a big transition year. It was like adulthood was finally smacking me in the face. I wanted to be an adult and leave all of my childhoodishness behind.

Here is my advice.

In the next year, learn how to adult... I mean, really ADULT.

Learn adult routines. Saving/budgeting money. How to do laundry properly. How to dress. How to act appropriately in social situations. Buy household items that adults have.

Meetups are a great way to network. I learned pretty quick that your education and experience is only about 35% of your success. Who you know and how you interact with people is a large chunk of the success pie.

I would suggest Toastmasters International. Great club for learning how to interact with people.
>>
>>17465055
I've hear about that place? What kind of stuff did you go to?
In my city it's all just programming or entrepreneur-stuff.
>>
>>17466905
Thanks I guess.

>>17466897
>>17466905
I'll check it out, though I have my reservations.

>>17467082
>Toastmasters International
What is that?
>>
Not OP but would it be a good idea to create a meetup for anons, or is that a really bad idea?
>>
File: consequences.jpg (44KB, 720x446px) Image search: [Google]
consequences.jpg
44KB, 720x446px
Welp, Anon

Allow this one to say Happy Birthday!
Things drag out rather gruesome, much can be agreed that a situation that we've put ourselves in doesn't exactly seem fair - that we should have been given a brochure for life.

Bear with me, we must laugh about it.

My car was stolen today, police report filed, recently moved to Denver, Colorado - somewhat regretting it, and I just found out my girlfriend is pregnant - phew!

25 years young_ at the very least tenure, the attempt of making something outta nothing can be looked upon as success in small circles.
>>
>>17468303
Thanks but it's not been my birthday for... 1 hour and 55 minutes.

It's just the next day of the rest of my life.

Thank god, I took the week off. Working through my birthday would just be the most depressing thing. No one really knows it anyway.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.