[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Anonymous 08/15/16(Mon)23:02:06 No.699630563 77 KB 77 KB JPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (77KB, 615x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 615x700px
...Anonymous
08/15/16(Mon)23:02:06 No.699630563
77 KB
77 KB JPG
need some advice

got an email from a betting account I haven't used for a few months saying I had cash in my account still. logged on and had £1140. I could only see 4 months bet history and I used it last 8 months ago. thought whatever and must have won a bet and completely forgot about it (I've done this before). withdrew the money and now, 4 days later it is in my bank.

I rang the company earlier to confirm it is mine and they said they had a system error and said that it 'would be nice if I could return the payment'.

also 24 hours after I withdrew from my bet account, I had an email to say it has been confirmed and will arrive in my bank in up to 3 days... so they've actually confirmed it. surely I can't be in the wrong here and they've made a mistake..

what should i do? can I get in trouble if I keep it?
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1000x3500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1000x3500px
b
>>
>>17464540
>can I get in trouble if I keep it?

Where are you?
>>
>>17464543
UK
>>
>>17464540
>>17464544
You should be fine then.
>>
>>17464549
if they contact me or my bank I'd return it no problem, but I'm kinda wanting to keep it.... are there no legal things in place for them to retrieve this?
>>
>>17464553
I'm not awfully familiar with how these things are handled in the Uk - I'm finishing my law degree in Germany next year.

They can take legal steps to retrieve the money however as long as you don't receive a letter or email telling you that they will take these steps if the money is not returned you are sitting pretty.
>>
>>17464561
should I keep the money on hold for now and not spend it? if so how long should I leave it before I touch it
>>
>>17464568
Them saying "it would be nice if you could return the payment" is cryptic as fuck.

You could mail them asking to clarify it - if they will take legal action if you do not return it (ask them to specify when they expect you will hear from them for that to make sure they aren't just threatening you).
>>
>>17464576
so i should explain what happened and ask them if they're going to take legal action if I don't return it?

surely they'll say yes to try and scare me.
>>
>>17464583
>surely they'll say yes to try and scare me.

That's the thing. If they wanted to intimidate you in the first place they wouldn't have said it would be nice of you to return the money. They would have demanded it - also I'm not sure how these guys can operate when their computer system regularly spits out 1k to random people.

To make sure they are not just threatening you with empty words you ask them when you will hear back from them (or their lawyer).
>>
>>17464592
right ok. I mean it's been 4 days and no one has yet contacted me. should I wait to be contacted before I do anything? I feel a bit stupid chasing them to let them know I have money from them.
>>
>>17464598
I personally wouldn't contact them.

Worst case is you receiving a letter from their lawyer - which you can just answer by pushing the money back.

I don't know what time frame they have to take action in the UK though
>>
>>17464605
okay thanks for your help anon! enjoy the rest of your evening
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.