[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop feeling like there's unfinished business after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: thT7BBFLDX.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
thT7BBFLDX.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
Without describing the story in too much detail, a few years ago I had my first and only 'relationship' - inverted commas because we were never boyfriend and girlfriend, even though we did everything that romantic partners would do. We both made mistakes. For my part, I was too much of a coward to tell/show her how I felt, and was pretty inactive during the relationship, which I obviously regret now. For her part, she treated me like pic related, and dumped me in quite a shitty way. I know it's getting more and more common now so maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but we were close friends beforehand, and to get used like that by someone I trusted hurt me a lot.

It's been a couple of years since I saw her, a year since I asked her not to message me anymore, I don't check her social media and I don't expect to have any contact with her again - and yet I can't stop thinking about her, and the feeling that we have unfinished business. I don't think we were very well-matched, but all the same I feel like I won't be happy until I've had another chance at the relationship now that I'm more mature.

So how do I just accept that it was a shitty relationship and that's the way it will end? How do I move on to someone else, instead of thinking all the time that I need to rectify how it ended with her?
>>
>>17464228

That pic.

Doesn't say genders but we all know...
Clever. Adding it to my /r9k/ + /pol/ folders, especially for threads about why men or millenials aren't interested in dating as much.

Thank you.
>>
>>17464354
I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if men use the same sorts of excuses to have a few girls on the go at once. But I'm not really experienced enough in dating to know for sure.
>>
>>17464354
It isn't wrong though...
we see the very same thing here in this board everyday
>>
You need to that you'll be okay without her. Your life isn't gonna take a turn for the worse if you don't talk to her. Improve on yourself. Do things you'd be proud of doing. Make yourself happy.
>>
>>17464228

Ah, that picture made me mad. There's a girl I see that crosses that line several times. Once we were out and an older woman asked if we were a couple because we're so cute together and I said, "She's like a little sister to me!" then laughed.
>>
>>17464228
I've been in a similar situation for months.

This is how it feels when you lose, there is no comfort at the end.

What is working for me is to look for a purpose differently than just getting with a girl. Improve yourself, seek new experiences, sounds really cliche but when I felt the effect I realized that I cannot go on wasting my time without moving on. I used to think again of all the arguments and situations but really, they're gone, we've made our mistakes and the only atonement that is required from us is to not commit them again.
>>
Why don't you reach out to her? Why don't you talk to her? She's probably been waiting for you to fix it. Fix it, anon and make it right. That's what life is about... you need to be proud of your actions and not regret the decisions you make .
>>
>>17464354
how is that politically incorrect?
>>
>>17465260
Don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>17464228
My best 'friend' who was engaging in a relationship with another salesman... and eventually later my (former) boss after I got transferred, who was married at the time.

I invited her out to dinner. We sat, face to face. She smiled, asked me the typical stuff, how my day was, how I'd been doing etc. I smiled back at her:

"I wake every morning. I put my clothes on. I get in my car, and I drive to a job I used to love. I walk through those doors and I sit down at my desk...which is now a mess. I sit down in front of a man, who you chose, instead of me. The first thing I see, to begin my day at work... is a man with a grin on his face. A man that you are having sex with. You could have chose anyone... you could have had any guy you wanted... you are that pretty. Yet you chose this man... the man that sits in front of me. Every day I do this. My customers sit down. And they see me... with a blank stare, pale as a ghost, and numb to the one sensation I ever enjoyed in my career: the sale. I hope you learn from this. I wanted to be open with you... to tell you everything. I told you when I first had any indication of feelings for you. I told you everything. I told you above all that I didn't want it to effect our jobs. Now I've been transfered. I don't know why, I haven't told anyone. My sales have plummeted. This is my life now... and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to erase every single moment we ever spent together... to the point that I don't even recognize the beautiful, warm person I met when you were hired here. My fear is that it may take months... maybe years. And even worse, my fear is that there will always be a memory of a girl, who I would have done -anything- for etched permanently in my mind. I have changed my number. Please, don't contact me ever again"

I remember every word. And I remember her reaction. She burst out in tears and left.

I wish I could have handled it better. Everyday I wish that.
>>
>>17464228
>>17465608
And my point, OP, is that I thought that I could get closure by doing this. I thought that in my being honest with her throughout the times that we spent together... that if I was an open book and that if I wore my heart on my sleeve... that I would be able to eliminate the possibility of any regret. I thought that delivering this final blow would seal it up and end it.

OP, knowing what I know now, I have come to the realization that there will be people in your life that you have no defense against. You have no recourse, no way of minimizing how you feel towards them. They will fuck with you. They will lie to you. And they will take everything you are and smash it to pieces, and you will spend days... weeks... months...even years wondering why. And they will never answer that question. And you will never know why. You'll never get peace from them. They will never even give you one morsel of closure. You will live with it, and you will bury it, but it will always be there.

I think this is what makes a man a man. Knowing this ugly truth, yet still being able to look at the world, and other women, and see their gleaming bright-eyed smile with the innocence of a person who had never gone through such hurt... and learning to love again, and to wear your heart on your sleeve again, and to be there for someone again, with even more intensity and compassion than before.
>>
>>17465260
Not really - she's been in a happy relationship for the last couple of years at least. As far as I can tell, she does genuinely want me to move on and be happy and for us to be on friendly terms, but I also get the feeling that she only wants that so she won't feel guilty about the way it ended. I'm also certain she doesn't want to give the relationship a serious shot - she told me very clearly that she didn't have feelings for me, and nothing she's said since then has made me doubt that.

>>17465608
>>17465648
Sorry to hear that, I think you need to find a different job so you're not constantly reminded of her.
>>
>>17464354
except men do it more lmao
>>
File: otrdogger.jpg (1MB, 3053x3028px) Image search: [Google]
otrdogger.jpg
1MB, 3053x3028px
>>17466082
>Sorry to hear that, I think you need to find a different job so you're not constantly reminded of her.

Thanks, I have. I quit not too long after it all went down. Now I drive a truck across the country. Sometimes you gotta get away and level out.
>>
>>17464228
>pic related
Ouch
>>
>>17466976
is that your truck? looks pretty comfy, man!
don't forget your sunglasses and sunscreen!
>>
>>17464354
Don't overdose on those redpills, the real world doesn't work that way just because some meme says it does.
>>
File: battlestation.jpg (230KB, 592x1044px) Image search: [Google]
battlestation.jpg
230KB, 592x1044px
>>17467028

Yes, thank you. I post in battlestation threads when I can, I usually get a lot of compliments
>>
>>17467052
>smoking
>compliments

nah
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.