[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being a Private investigator a decent career ? I always wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Sherlock_Holmes_Portrait_Paget.jpg (22KB, 288x375px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock_Holmes_Portrait_Paget.jpg
22KB, 288x375px
Is being a Private investigator a decent career ?
I always wanted to be a PI, but is it hard to become one ? Is there a need for such ?
Its my last year in high school, I am a neet, didnt think about future, leaning towards humanitarian stuff, thought of studying/basing my future around history, anthropology, but I also like the idea of PI, would it be good for me to consider it, or is it my autistic need to larp as one ?
>>
>>17463961

if you can break in and make a name for yourself its not bad but its not great. you gotta remember that its not a job with a consistent paycheck. you are at the will of people who actually need a service. do you live in a major city? cuz outside of there you wont get much work. are you also actually fucking sneaky and know how to spy on people? theres some classes and info out there but if your first thought is 'WELL ID JUST BUY SOME STUFF' than you're off to a bad start and just larping.
>>
>>17463961
>In highschool
>I'm a neet
No you're not, neet stands for not in education employment or training.
>>
Yeah about the consisten paycheck, I would really like a steady income, but hey, im not aspiring to have a family, decent house or anything that would need it. Is it possible to be a PI as side career ? Like a hobby, but still do it on the side ?
>>
>>17463989
Okay, soon to be neet
And >>17463996 when I think about it, no, either one is PI, or isnt, because being a PI needs work, stakeouts and etc.
>>
>>17463961
>Is being a Private investigator a decent career ?
No.
If you want to be a detective, get into the police. Have in mind that is to as easy as it looks on tv. Most detectives gave some college degree, commonly psychology, and a masters degree in criminology (here you will study not only criminal psychology, but also some basics on forensic medicine). You also need to be IN the police, and work your way up to detective. You can progress up as long as your studies allow you to do so.

PI are not a thing anymore except in novels. If you get listed as PI, you may receive one or two calls a year, and both about an infidelity case.

If you want to be a real detective, you need to study psychology and criminology.
>>
File: original.png (73KB, 578x400px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
73KB, 578x400px
>>17463996

its possible but not easy. because, consider the following:

you cannot control what people are going to do. if a man comes and says he needs proof his wife is cheating before proceeding with a divorce, and 'oh man, her supposed rendesvous is the same night as my shift at the maccas.

also pic related
>>
>>17463961

have you googled 'how to become a private investigator' before making this thread?

cuz if not, id have to say thats some shitty investigation work.
>>
>>17463961
Some fucking experience in law enforcement will help. Especially if you write good enough reports, and get the opportunity to take the detectives test, and actually become an investigator.

Jumping right into private investigation and being good at it, especially good enough for people to want your service, is unreal. This ain't fucking "Bored to Death." You're not going to read some fucking detective books and all of a sudden be able to start solving shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.