[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I find good employees? The labor pool is shit. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1471006147317.gif (152KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1471006147317.gif
152KB, 400x267px
Where do I find good employees? The labor pool is shit. I've tried Indeed and CareerBuilder so far. I can't even find people smart enough to make a PDF. Looking for a secretary one position and another one to manage a clothing store.
>>
Keep trying. Spam as much as possible.

Try monster, job bank and indeed. Fuck craiglist, nothing but cretins who waste your time with bullshit.
>>
You need to offer a competitive wage and benefits, health insurance, 401k, etc. Without that they might as well be working at McDonald's.
>>
>>17463537
Thanks. I can't believe how hard it is.

Also I feel like there are a lot of people submitting resumes that don't want the job. Is there something with neetbux in America where you have to show that you've tried to get a job or something? I get people who obviously haven't even read the job requirements.

>>17463543
Wage is competitive, I did research for the area. We offer health insurance, but no 401k.
>>
If the job isn't difficult, just prioritize someone who seems responsible ( maybe a vet or something ), and then just be prepared to build them up. You're probably going to end up wasting more time looking for the perfect candidate than you would making one.
>>
>>17463556
>Is there something with neetbux in America where you have to show that you've tried to get a job or something?
with unemployment benefits there often is, yes
>>
>>17463570
I'm prepared to do that, I'd be happy just finding someone reasonably smart that shows up.

>>17463584
Ah okay, that explains the Kenesha, Jaqwashna, and Shantel resumes that didn't even read what the job was.
>>
>>17463525
I'm really fucking tired of people bitching that they can't find "good" employees.

Finding "good" employees is pretty fucking simple - pay enough to find people worth a shit. But day after day, I watch these fucking business owners and hiring decision makers posting jobs that pay crap and then bemoaning the fact that they can't find "good" candidates that work for shit pay.

You're like sluts who ride the cock carousel as long as possible and then whine that there aren't any "good" men.

Pay your fucking people enough to live on and watch how many capable people suddenly appear.

You don't get to pay people dog shit and then bitch that the labor pool is shit. No, your pay scale is just shit because you're trying to maximize short term profit and are too stupid to understand the value of long-term, loyal, and competent employees.
>>
>>17463620
I see your point, but, I'm offering 20% above average for a secretary in my area, and for the clothing store job it has a strong base and a significant commission - it's a job where someone motivated could make 80,000 a year. Compare that to working at a department store and I think it's a pretty sweet deal.
>>
>>17463631
20% above $1 is still just $1.20. I'm not impressed by percentages. I'm impressed by the cost of living in your area coupled with the tax environment being used to create a pay scale that allows people to eat and pay rent with opportunities to advance.

Also, nice idea to offer the commission piece. Just realize that heavy commission offerings attract those type of people... strong sales people who can afford (or have the balls) to kill what they eat and take risks.

When I think "secretary" I don't think "killer sales person." So you might consider tailoring the job to the actual responsibilities instead of trying to mix a sales heavy incentive piece into a traditionally support role.
>>
>>17463726
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm hiring two different people. A secretary and a sales person/store manager. The store person I'd like to be more motivated by sales (salary + commission), the secretary is just a comfy secretary job (salary). Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>17463823
What area are you in?
>>
Maybe ask for an intelligence test of some kind. Something like ACT/SAT or IQ test scores would be good.
>>
>>17463839
I'd rather not say for paranoia reasons.

>>17463846
IQ I think would be illegal (maybe?), and not a lot of people have been tested. ACT/SAT is interesting but not sure that's very common once you aren't hiring out of school.
>>
>>17463525
Offer more pay.
>>
>>17463856
One job I don't have the salary posted and just say "salary based on experience + commission" That way if I get someone fresh out of school I'd offer them one thing, then if they have 20 years experience I'd certainly be willing to pay more. Depends how much training I'd have to do.
>>
>>17463631
For 80k a year I'll fly there and do everything you tell me 24/7 mate. I'm not even fucking joking, hook me up senpai. I can start my cover letter by saying my name isn't Kenesha, Jaqwashna, or Shantel.
>>
How about recommendations from current employees? I doubt anyone would recommend a friend that wouldn't work out since it would reflect badly on them.
>>
>>17463918
I'm too tinfoil to link the job on 4chan, although it's tempting.

>>17463932
I've been asking around for sure, current employees and also subcontractors we use. One guy was going to ask his wife whos school is getting closed down and there are a bunch of support staff and teachers looking for work, and another was asking in his circle of friends.

I even considered offering a lady a job that sells me clothing at Nordstrom.
>>
Everyone just wants to show up, do the minimum and get paid. Thats what our school system has created. A workforce that views work as adult babysitting.
>>
Secretary, look at a secretarial school (they exist).

Clothing store manager, if you can't promote from within, promote from within the community. Look at networking among existing managerial staff for recruiting from outside the organization.
>>
>>17463952
I've found some people to be pretty hard workers, but I'll admit I have a hard time finding them. And I really don't think pay is the issue here.

>>17463953
Thanks.
>>
Hire mexicans. srsly
>>
Depending on the hours you can try targeting women in their 30s or 40s who want to work mtiple jobs.
A lot of people, especially mothers, work part time because they can't find full time or lack of flexibility. Some can be very qualified yet completely overshadowed by other younger applicants.
>>
>>17463525
Steal them. Case out a competitor store until you spot a really good salesman. Give him your card and invite him to interview. Ditto a secretary.
>>
>>17463556

> no 401k

I found your problem right there.

If people don't get the vibe that the company is hiring for life, they won't apply. Everyone knows social security is gonna blow up and private pension plans are gonna save them in their old age.

Also, is your health insurance a good one, or the barebones minimum?

Another thing is dental plans.

Hell, you can have lower wages if your benefits are better than the norm, you will get steady, longvisioned people instead of those who only look for salary
>>
>>17463851

IQ tests aren't illegal. Your problem will be implementing them across the board and dodging the inevitable onslaught of lawsuits because muh discrimination.

Much, much better to get a timed math test. I once had someone cry because the time ran out and they were only four questions into the test (basic through calculus).
>>
I'd manage your clothing store.

I have an A.A., four years big box retail experience with one company, two years experience as a manager, have supervised over 20 people, and have worked the front, back, and sales side of the store. I also have considerable experience with the forklift and scissor lift, and used to train and certify people for my company on them.

I got fired for violating a fraternization policy, and I've applied to over 100 minimum wage jobs, but have only had one interview afer 3 weeks.

I wish McDonnalds would take me at this point.
>>
>>17463556
>I get people who obviously haven't even read the job requirements.

People who are obviously unqualified are just desperate for a job, anything, and are starting to send them out blindly, hoping.
>>
>>17465278
>I got fired for violating a fraternization policy, and I've applied to over 100 minimum wage jobs, but have only had one interview afer 3 weeks.
You must have a really shitty resume.
>>
>>17463556
>Is there something with neetbux in America where you have to show that you've tried to get a job or something?
That is literally what one must do to acquire neetbux.
>>
>>17464487
Its called stress

IQ tests are a load of shit by the way go back to jerking off your post count on MENSA forums
>>
>>17465364

Studies say otherwise.
>>
>>17465373
Studies say you're gay
>>
>>17465364
>that's why I can cling to the last shreds of being not a total waste of space
>>
>>17465376

Your mom didn't think I was a wasted when she added my dick to her mouth
>>
>>17465382
>proving the point: the post
>>
>>17465394
Your mom went straight to the point of my dick last night
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.