[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About joining a frat: Dad keeps telling me to do it ut i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 168739.jpg (4KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
168739.jpg
4KB, 487x423px
About joining a frat:
Dad keeps telling me to do it ut i'm nervous as shit they won't like me and I'll be spending all my time there as "that guy" that everyone secretly hates.
Part of me wants to hole up in a dorm and wait for college to be over
Thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1125x2001px
Tell him to fuck off and go do something better like smoking weed or banging hookers.
>>
you could end up being "that guy" regardless of whether you join a frat or not.

that said, frat kids arent exactly well-loved by the general college attendants. god help you if you meet any european exchange students. youll probably meet more interesting people outside a frat.

in the end though, its a bit of a "once in a lifetime" deal. college isnt the end of your social life, even if it offers a lot of opportunities for the future.
>>
I joined a frat and it was okay. The experience wasn't bad and I met people, but it was expensive and a bit too bro-dude-bro for me. Stay in the dorms this year and then get an apartment next year with some friends and do your own thing. If you are a huge partier, then go the frat route.
>>
>>17463520
I tried this route
>with some friends
delet this

Join the frat man
>>
Alright so my Uni was about 60-80% frat, and I didn't pledge. All of my "friends" on my freshmen hall pledged the same Frat and invited me, still said no thanks.

My experience was this: Frats do one and only one thing for you - put you around drunk co-eds who are also looking to be around men. This is only one thing, but it is a powerful thing. I never needed Frats to get women so it wasn't a selling point for me, but being around drunk women every weekend is powerful if you take advantage of it.

Think of it like this - as a single, non-frat guy you have to have game. I gamed on women 100% of the time - in class, on the way to class, in the line to get food, etc. This was effective.

But do you have any idea how easy it was to get ass on the weekend at Frat parties my freshman year? You literally walk into a basement filled with 18-19 year old women taking shots off of the ice luge and screaming YOLO! Getting women is the easiest thing to do in those situations compared to real life.

Bottom Line: You will *never* have access to drunk 18 year olds like you will have if you join the right Frat. Join the wrong Frat and you're still in the basement. And once Rush is over your freshman year, you need to be good friends with people in Frats to go to their parties. Even if you show up with 8 women, the Frat dude bros will try and peel you off at the door because .... well they want your bitches.

That's literally the only benefit I ever saw to Frats. All of this shit about "brotherhood" and "networking" etc.? That's just bullshit. I stayed friends with select people from my Freshman hall... by Junior/Senior year half of them didn't even go to Frat event functions. Several privately told me they knew Frats were really just paying for a social group by that time.

So look at the cost of joining a Frat vs. its benefit. Cost? Lots. Benefit? The easiest access to drunk 18 year olds in your life.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.