[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone work in/has worked in a call center? I've got a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_lsgy0xRZ2U1qzcoi6.jpg (145KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsgy0xRZ2U1qzcoi6.jpg
145KB, 500x333px
Anyone work in/has worked in a call center? I've got a job interview tomorrow for a position in a call center, outbound calls specifically. I've never worked in a similar role but I have experience working in customer service. I experience a bit of anxiety calling people, does anyone know the type of questions they might ask me? The Job is not commissioned, I will be paid a salary.

The company seems to sell tickets or something for a particular resort. I had a phone interview with a lady today which turned out to be a bit of a disaster imo, many awkward pauses and she asked me a few questions to which I replied and she was like "...Riiight"

I'm scared guys ;_;
>>
How good are you at having people tell you to fuck off and then hang up the phone?
>>
>>17462986
No idea, never had it happen to me. I am a pretty sensitive person though.
>>
>>17462968
I am working an year in call center. Is piece of cake. I am in inbound so I have to call to clients. Outbound calls are much easier. People want from you answer and they care to get answers from you. If they get mad you just drop a call.
>>
>>17462991
You've gotta be patient, accommodating, and tolerant of the person you call, especially if you're calling them and not the other way around.

Since you aren't making any more by selling more, I don't see the point in trying to form a sales pitch, but it wouldn't hurt to memorize a couple of buzzwords and phrases to make things go smoother.

As for the nerves with calling, they go away after enough calls.
>>
Former call center supervisor here

1 - Be prepared to have people hang up on you. Sometimes they will say "No thanks" and hang up, other times it's just "click". All. Day. Long.

2 - Be prepared to have the number of calls you make counted. Average calls per day, average time on call, average sales per call. Every minute you aren't on the phone (taking a leak, getting coffee, just not dialing) will go against you.

3 - It's a numbers game. The more calls you make, the more sales you make. And that's why they hired you. NOT to make calls but to make SALES. When you don't make sales you will be out of a job.

4 - Make sure it's a salary and not a commission draw, or a salary for the first month then commissions after.

5 - Show up on time, for every shift you have. Otherwise you are useless to them.

Good luck anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.