[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not really advice, I kind of just want to do some half-ass venting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: teamamerica6.jpg (93KB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
teamamerica6.jpg
93KB, 400x242px
Not really advice, I kind of just want to do some half-ass venting. How many of the rest of you have violent OCD where you see yourself killing someone, or doing something gross, or doing something embarrassing, especially in a social setting? I know it just has a lot to do with self-hatred, and your mind subjecting you to all sorts of horrible things as a form of self-harm. I'm sure some of you faggots have the same problem.

Also, do any of you guys talk to yourself like there's others around? Not to the extent that you have conversations with yourself, but that you think through some social situation and start saying aloud what you'd be saying there. I've even gotten to the point that I get mad about things that never even happened and start throwing punches in the air. I'm not out in public much, so I don't remember ever doing this in public, but family members have spotted me doing it, and made fun.
>>
>>17462310
>Not really advice, I kind of just want to do some half-ass venting. How many of the rest of you have violent OCD where you see yourself killing someone, or doing something gross, or doing something embarrassing, especially in a social setting?
This is called unwanted thought syndrome. I think everyone experiences it sometimes to some sub-clinical extent, but it is a very common form of OCD.

I do the talking to myself thing, though. I never do it in front of others because I'm hyperaware of my surroundings, but I definitely do it whenever I'm alone. It's like I'm talking to an imaginary observer, or sometimes I imagine how I would explain things to my imaginary kids and I find myself doing it out loud.

In any case, you could manage both of these with some really entry level CBT.
>>
OP,

As far as the talking to yourself thing, I started doing it more and more when I started living by myself. I enjoy it to be honest, it makes my life a lot more fun when I can happily tell myself jokes and laugh.
>>
This really hit home for me, everything you said. Except the punches in the air. When I think of myself in embarrassing moments I make a loud noise to clear my mind, my family is used to it by now.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.