[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get views on YouTube? I don't want to become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: large.png (13KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
13KB, 310x310px
How do you get views on YouTube?

I don't want to become famous or rich or anything, but it would be nice to just get some regular feedback.

But no matter how much I 'optimize' my video's tags, I don't get any views.
>>
The best way is to make quality content. All the optimization and shit comes second to that.
>>
>>17462129
This OP

Post your channel
>>
>>17462104
Post it on a related forum. I posted a video for a couple of people to look at on a forum, then forgot about it, ended up getting a fair few views and some comments. Literally the most boring, extremely specific video of all time.
>>
>>17462179
Kek, just checked with a Google search, comes up in the top 3 YouTube videos for some reason.
>>
Make shitty clickbait and appeal to the lowest common denominator and before you know it you'll be swimming in a pool of mediocrity with a small following because you're making videos in an oversaturated genre
>>
>>17462179
>>17462135
>>17462129
I don't want to post it here, but I make let's play videos. I know they're a dime a dozen, but I think we're pretty decent quality compared to most of the other small channels. I've posted it before and gotten good feedback...

I'd post of forums, but I'm not sure how to do that for Let's Plays without it seeming like blatant advertising.
>>
>>17462203
Come on just post it you pussy I want to see
>>
>>17462203
By default I'm immediately disinterested when I see a let's play channel. Do you have anything unique going for you that other channels don't? If not you're literally replaceable, doesn't matter how "good" you are. You'll never get anywhere.

On top of that, collab with other Youtubers. Aim for ones with high subscriber count than yours but not so high that they'll never respond to you. Some of their viewers will come to you. Keep doing this with bigger and bigger channels as you grow.

Be active on twitter, facebook, etc.

Post as frequent as possible while still maintaining quality.

HAVE OTHER TALENTS besides simply playing video games. Learn how to video edit, animate, act, whatever. You NEED to stand out from other let's players so if you have other qualities about you that's a plus. People will want to watch you specifically because they know they can't get that content anywhere else.

How many subscribers you got, OP?
>>
>>17462550
I started about a month ago, and I have 9 subscribers. I'm active on twitter, but that's all I really have the time to keep updated.

I have a lot of experience with video production, but I don't always have the time or a crew of people to shoot consistent content. I'd like to get into animation, but I need to learn how to draw things straight from my head first.

All that really sets me apart right now is my fancy logo and channel art and all the other types of branding (I was able to design a pretty unique and eye catching logo, so it's not just that generic waveform animation with edm music and explosions in the background), and also that I get my mom on a video to play a game every now and then, and that she's actually good at video games compared to the other people who get their moms on their videos.
>>
What's your schtick? People watch Game Grumps for the casual conversations had between Dan and Arin. People watch Dashie for his over the top reactions. I tried to watch Galm but he was fucking retarded and wished he would just play the game and not talk.
>>
>>17462605
Doesn't sound great to be honest but I haven't seen your videos so I can't be too sure.

Do you have a focus? Are you trying to be comedic, informative, or opinionated? Do both you and your mom have likable personalities in your videos?

More tips:

Talk with your viewers and have them suggest things if you're okay with that. People like to be involved with what they're watching, especially for smaller channels. You'll meet other Youtubers this way too and any connections are important at this stage.

Know your audience and give them what they want. Also know what YOU want in a let's play channel. Do the things you want to see let's players do yourself, because chances are you're not the only person who wants to see that.

Enjoy what you do. Be content with having very few viewers and appreciate the small community you make. If the idea of having almost no viewers for potentially years sounds frustrating to you, you won't make it. You'll never know when you'll grow. Some people simply never do. You just have to keep posting.

Get into a MCM as soon as possible. You'll make more money that way (although still chump change) and you'll have a bigger motivation to make videos. Networks will come to you if your videos get popular enough, but I know people who asked to join and they did. Easiest way is to find someone else who's part of a network and see if they can hook you up with a 1 year or 3 year plan. Fullscreen is the most popular one. BroadbandTV is alright. Avoid Machinima.

For the record I have about 5300 subscribers, and my top 3 videos have 1.7 million, 230,000, and 158,000 views. However I've slipped out of making Youtube videos for the past year or so for various reasons and now I just shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>17462694
I mean MCN as in multi-channel network.
>>
File: Profo.png (25KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Profo.png
25KB, 240x240px
>>17462694
>>17462697
Well shit, if there's a pro here I guess I may as well post it...

It's pretty much just me hanging out with my mom.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsoeuJfdmXBPaR_JouycU3g

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.