[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm running out of options, strength, and steam. Since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: anxiety-disorders.jpg (117KB, 639x381px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety-disorders.jpg
117KB, 639x381px
I'm running out of options, strength, and steam.

Since age 18 (24 now), I've been dealing with some crippling depression and anxiety. When I was 19, I attempted suicide, had a stint at a mental health outpatient program, got put on medicine, etc. Before the therapy and medicine, I had severe depression and anxiety on a day where I had no stress. After the medication, it helped a lot. After a while, I was able to go to college, and was able to handle that pretty well... for a while. Then, it struck again. Long story short, I'm working a 25-hour a week internship, taking 15 credit hours at university (and the classes are super tough this semester) and I had a string of crazy panic attacks this past week that I just... I'm really discouraged. I can barely handle life on a day where I'm doing nothing. Now? It's almost impossible.

Throw in the fact that I'm a brittle type one diabetic who is prone to both severe hyper- and hypoglycemia and diabetic ketoacidosis.

I'm losing hope and strength to do this life thing anymore. Not like a "I'm going to try and kill myself again" - I'm not there yet - but I just... I can't do this. I really can't.

Are there any options for me? It just sucks, guys. It just sucks.
>>
>>17462059
Keep going.

In about five hours from now I have to wake up, go to a job I hate, physically exert myself for the majority of the day and come home do more studying/work in a course that I hate. I do it for the future. I'm hoping that my hard work and dedication mean something. I know it's not much saying this to you, you're in a different boat. But I'm trying my best, and I hope you will, too. Maybe we can find solace in that we aren't alone in struggling for a better future.

Good luck.
>>
Talk to your mental health people at your university and explain the situation. I thought I could tough it out like you. I couldn't, burned out, and had to medically withdraw for a semester. I graduated with a decent gpa (3.6+ at an extremely difficult uni known for grade deflation), but lost my ability to compose or intellectually concentrate for a solid year. Do NOT get burned out. It is NOT worth it.
>>
>>17462059
Well your schedule alone is a lot to have on your plate, plus your health issues. It'd be a lot for anybody. So do remember to recognize legitimate stress from outside sources as something separate from your emotional health. You're working really hard. You're probably more mentally stable than you realize, and just suffering from being stretched too thin.

If you really feel like it's fucking up your life and physical and mental health in the long term, it might be worthwhile to take on less strenuous of a workload. However, if you feel like you can make it out the other end of the tunnel, I'd encourage you to remember that a semester is pretty short in the grand scheme of things and you'll have conquered a lot of your stressors in just 12 weeks. I guess you just have to weigh objectively which scenario is most detrimental to your long term goals and well being.

Also, do you still have a therapist? It's important for people, especially for students and people at your age, to have a trusted support network. Even just having someone to talk to for some CBT can help you out a lot when things seem like they're too much.

Good luck anon. I went to a rigorous college and it was hard for me with my mild anxiety, but I had a lot of friends with more serious mental and emotional issues (including one with T1D who got hospitalized for ketoacidosis during his worst year actually) and it took them a lot but eventually they all made it through, even if it took six years instead of four because they needed a break in the middle. Think long term, and push yourself but don't hurt yourself.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.