[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I asked /ic/ but no one came but here's my question/help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1462930217669.png (68KB, 1784x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1462930217669.png
68KB, 1784x1174px
I asked /ic/ but no one came
but here's my question/help

how do I stop being such a cynical asshole and "delude" myself into drawing/improving? like being all optimistic and shit.
I've been taking meds for years, changing them around many times.
I started exercising for a week but I still feel depressed and shitty as I was before

no hugbox shit

I just want to find solutions for this, I'm sure there's artists who are and have experienced this

I literally thought being more healthy would fix my problems but... I guess not
>>
You're a faggot OP. You're probably mediocre at drawing and will be a wagecuck/manchild for the rest of your life. Good night
>>
feelings and the desire to do things are intertwined. people doing more things than you (or me for that matter) aren't necessarily more optimistic about it. the common answer you'll get is, "what the hell else am I going to do?" they are compelled to...contribute to society, mate, steal cars, learn about philosophy, pick their nose, draw things...
>>
>>17461983
Forget drawing. Do something you hate to make money. Doing something you love and making money at the same time is a stupid meme
>>
>>17462002
>>17462011
I hope this is some clever ruse, OP samefagging. I used to do that. If this is actually the mentality you guys have, that is very disappointing.

OP didn't even say he wanted to draw instead of having a vocation. He just said he wanted to be more passionate about things. You two characters have reading comprehension problems.

sage
>>
>>17462033
op here
that isn't me
I'm waaaay too lazy to change IPs or do some computer mumbo jumbo
>>
>>17462048
I don't have the know-how or motivation to check your IP's.

I can give you untrained peer therapy for your apathy though! Right now I am motivated by fear to find something that will end my apathy. It keeps me from staring at a wall. People have suggested literature, dungeons and dragons, sex, playing music...It's hard to pick up a hobby on demand, but I'm going to get into all of these things, because goddamn I don't want the void to eat me! I can't be consumed by the terror!
>>
>>17462097
ok here it goes
Along with what I said in my first post, how do you deal with the feeling of 'nothing I do matters or I will never reach the greatest potential'

I'm not too insightful of myself so sorry if I sound too vague, you can ask me for more info if you need
>>
>>17462006
>>17462114
those are just facts

like I said here
>>17462006
plenty of people acknowledge these facts as well as you do and are more "productive"

if we use the existence of true facts as a reason for us not to be productive, we'll never be productive.

I think the fixation on the demotivating outlooks comes from your demotivation itself. That's my theory, anyway. If I gave you something you found worth pursuing, or drugged you, you wouldn't have to solve unsolvable philosophical questions in order to get motivated again.
>>
Literally git gud faggot. There is a finite amount of miles of pencil line that you must propel a pencil in order to git gud. A finite amount. Every inch lessens the distance until someone will literally give you money to push your hands around on a piece of paper or tablet.
>>
>>17462139
yes and learning how to practice well is as as important as amount of practice. good technique and prerequisite knowledge means a lot in any kind of endeavor
>>
>>17462169
Yes read a book now and then. Try some master copies to absorb style techniques, but mostly just go out and draw shit. Take some figure drawing classes. Draw zoo animals. Draw people on the bus. Get feedback from other drawing people.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.