[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a great life going for me >in school >have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1470009773201.jpg (46KB, 565x426px) Image search: [Google]
1470009773201.jpg
46KB, 565x426px
>have a great life going for me
>in school
>have a great paying summer job
>work with best friends
>have a decent roof over my head
>decent health
Yet I feel depressed and have been seriously thinking about suicide for the past week or so now.
Everyday I take these thoughts more and more seriously.
Friends say to get help but I want to try and pull myself out of it. I'm a stubborn asshole what can I say.
What do?
>>
You've already been told what to do, and have chosen not to do it. Would us telling you to 'get help' make you any more likely to do it?
>>
There are probably reasons that you are depressed. It may be repressed childhood trauma, being neglected by family, never feeling acomplished, lacking a sense of goal and direction in life, lacking passion and a thing to do, to think of, lacking of significant other and feeling of intimacy.

What it is for you OP? It can be great and horryfic journey to self-knowing, because you might discover some things that your repressed (but have to deal with to be happy) like metaphorical skieleton in the closet.

I would advice geting new creative hobby, learning to play instrument, learning to write, to photo, to swim, to sail, to film, to fish, to shoot, to fight. Point is, it should be new and it should be creative/taxing with some sense of acomplishment. Also reading books helps as you must interpet things yourself and find some things in you that you didn't know about.
>>
Clinical depression happens independently of how good your life is. It's a chemical imbalance in your brain. There's a good chance you can't "pull yourself out of it".
>>
>>17462082
This. OP you need professional help. I'm not necessarily saying medication, but definitely therapy. I've been in your exact situation.
>>
>>17462082
>>17462094
As someone who was diagnosed with clinical depression and was on different antidepressants for years and also have medical background I will say that this is MOSTLY bullshit. I agree that there may be some people that have this "praised chemical imbalance" but it is like 5% of the cases that are diagnosed as chemical imbalance, truth is, people mostly just don't know what went wrong and our brain is quite vulnerable system that is easly destabilized by many things in our modern civilization. Anitdepressants lessen bad feelings and give you some respite but if you don't deal with your underlying issues you might just fall into 20+ years of using anti-depressants to just "barely be able to stay alive", it's not way of living really.

As I said most people honestly, don't know what went wrong in their life, some repress memories so much that they forget it alltogether. Others are vulnerable to falling in depression because of family history that they deem irrelevant ("I already survived that" "It didn't leave a mark"). My point is, you need to deal with underlying issues and my advice for anti-depressants would be to treat them as a life-saviour in really bad situations, not as a go-to method of dealing with your bad thoughts.
>>
>>17462134
Yeah that's why I'm telling OP to go to therapy, not just get a prescription.

I've never taken antidepressants. Therapy is what saved me.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.