[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please recommend a depressed young man some books to read that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (96KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 600x800px
Please recommend a depressed young man some books to read that can help combat his mental illness.
>>
Eet shittu desu~

http://www.universe-people.com/english/svetelna_knihovna/htm/en/en_kniha_conversations_with_god_1.htm
>>
Crime and punishment
>>
Literally get therapy and medication. I tried all the self-help shit and while it helped a little it was just putting me off from real treatment.
>>
https://quran.com/
>>
>>17461248

Go outside and get some exercise. Reading books won't help. A lot of people are depressed in part because they think too much.
>>
File: 1373772321670.jpg (23KB, 568x394px) Image search: [Google]
1373772321670.jpg
23KB, 568x394px
>>17461248

If you're actually depressed, there is no home remedy for it. Its a chemical imbalance in your brain that can't be corrected by helpful literature.

See a mental health professional.

If you aren't actually depressed well, then, I advise that you go fuck yourself.
>>
Just go running.

Learn about magick from someone who isn't manipulative.
>>
>>17461248
In Praise of Folly, by Erasmus.
>>
>>17461248

Switch on your Brain

8 mindful steps to happiness

Self-Love

Become a Better You

I'm not religious so I just ignore the God references in some of these
these are some christian and buddhist books but mostly positive thinking/inspirational/motivational

the way to beat depression is to not look at your current shitty circumstances, but hope for and visualize a better future. by focusing on this positive future you are motivated to do the necessary actions to improve your life

as opposed to just checking off some self-improvement list with decreasing motivation.

anyways, buying a bunch of cheap used books that could change your life is so worth it.
>>
Three Men in a Boat, by Jerome K. Jerome.
>>
Borgel, by Daniel Pinkwater
>>
The Short Stories of Saki
>>
>>17461248
http://katawa-shoujo.com/

This is unlikely to help you directly. But more than one player has reported that it gave them the kick in the pants they needed to seek help. Perhaps it could do the same for you.
>>
Kwaidan, by Lafcadio Hearn
>>
The Once and Future King, T.H. White
>>
Against Nature, Huysmans
>>
Maxims of La Rochefoucald
>>
Chris Dorner's Manifesto
>>
yes, great advice
>>
Dune
>>
Mental Health Through Will Training by Dr. Abraham A. Low.
>>
Short and easy but good. Marcus Aurelius: Meditations.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.