[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, things like working out, reading books, etc. Things that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 124565.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
124565.gif
2MB, 320x240px
So, things like working out, reading books, etc.
Things that better yourself but no one is depending on you to do it and nothing bad happens if you don't

How the hell are you supposed to bring yourself to do any of those?
>>
by growing up and learning that you need to do these pointless things to be

>>NORMAL
>>
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
>>
File: 1471189606674.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
1471189606674.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>17460800
Because you feel fucking amazing after
>be fat
>be me
>play vidya and eat like shit everyday after class
>decide to eat healthy and join a jiu jitsu class
>a year later I have my blue belt and have lost 40lbs and look completely different.
>my sex life is great, only problem I just want to meet a girl I can have a long relationship with
>>
>>17460800
The feeling of accomplishment for some people is enough reason. I view my whole being as a muscle. The more I put in the better I am. I used to have a sheltered mindset. I never explored my beliefs or challenged myself. Sounds stupid but when I found out about conspiracy theories about our government and UFO's etc I began an expedition for knowledge. It took me in all directions. I learned about other conspiracies, the Earth, humans, and our body. I was age 20 sitting at about 300 pounds. I had already had a passion for basketball and played religiously. Learned about dieting and the effects it has on our body physically and mentally. I went on to use my knowledge of dieting and love for basketball to lose 80 pounds. If you told me I was gonna lose 80 pounds my old self would have laughed. Now it feels like nothing and I'm hungry for more. I started to view my life this way. Things I'm working for/need/want. It's all just there waiting for me to take it. I think these little things you speak of sprout into giant parts of our lives and amazing things can happen as a result
>>
File: 1445568742977.png (52KB, 700x419px)
1445568742977.png
52KB, 700x419px
>>17460800
Realize that accountability isn't real, and the whole reason you do anything is for yourself.
>>
Working out is a tough one, but working out can be fun. Just start with doing pushups. No equipment needed, can do it at home. Then start trying with actual weights. Basically, if you have space, you can start weight lifting at home. I find that weight lifting is more fun than running on the treadmill or using the bike.

As for reading books, I did it because I had the books and I had nothing better to do. If you are going to read, try to do it after you wake up or before you go to bed. That's the best way really.
>>
File: ayn-rand.jpg (55KB, 1058x1058px) Image search: [Google]
ayn-rand.jpg
55KB, 1058x1058px
>>17460837
Delet this ride now m8
>>
Positive reinforcement. Do you like to eat a certain food? Do you like to play a certain video game? Have you been craving to buy yourself a nice toy? Then set yourself a goal of self-improvement, reach it and then reward yourself. It's much easier to motivate yourself to go to the gym if you know that afterward you're going to sit on the sofa, crack open a beer, play pokémon and masturbate to your waifu. Managing your positive reinforcement is very important. You have to do it steadily and over a long period of time in order to properly manage your level of moral and motivation. Self-improvement and positive reinforcement is the kind of basic human shit that should be taught to everyone at school.
>>
You don't. On things that have a deadline you procrastinating until the last minute and then do what's needed in a rush, but with self-improvement stuff you procrastinate forever. Accept it and just be a shit person.
>>
File: 1468418574344.png (851KB, 974x546px)
1468418574344.png
851KB, 974x546px
>>17460800
Working out and reading books is cheap to do. So, yea. I do those.
>>
>>17460800
Because they're fun.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.