[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you learn for at least 2 hours a day after years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1466734929226.jpg (183KB, 460x1321px) Image search: [Google]
1466734929226.jpg
183KB, 460x1321px
How do you learn for at least 2 hours a day after years of not doing shit?
>>
Download a program that blocks websites for 2 hours
Stop going on /a/
Do 25 minutes of studying and then 5 minutes of break. Meaning a 100 minutes of studying per day with 20 minutes of break.

If you are distracted then go to a coffee shop and study there. The people around you will be a sort of deterrent from goofing off.
>>
>>17460396
>Download a program that blocks websites for 2 hours
Will try, but I'm learning drawing from a website so I think I will have to manually allow the site and probably reddit (art/drawing subreddits)
>Stop going on /a/
I don't visit /a/.
>Do 25 minutes of studying and then 5 minutes of break. Meaning a 100 minutes of studying per day with 20 minutes of break.
Will do, does the same applies for learning to draw? I guess not really, at least not after you know basics and can draw for hours?
>If you are distracted then go to a coffee shop and study there. The people around you will be a sort of deterrent from goofing off.
Will try that when I will need to study theories and similar.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
Knowledge? Read a book. Rework the material by writing your own summaries. I once did a mindmap with the programm Freeplane for a lecture at uni, just producing the thing helped me lots.
Skill? Do the skill.

>>17460429
>Drawing
Full stop. This changes everything. I tried the same a few years back in a real haphazard way, wanted to get into concept art. Looking back, I spent much more time looking up stuff and tutorials and so on, instead of actually doing the thing. And this is what you need to do, just draw. Draw, draw draw. Grind. Draw a thousand hands, then draw a thousands vases, draw whatever's on your table a thousand times, spend hours just trying to make long straight lines, arm movements. But also learn perspective, not with some website thing (much too distracting), but get a real book instead. Apply the stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3lApsNmdwM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDuayEzH8c4
this is great stuff, he has a very good episode on perspective and shit, and why it is important.

but first and foremost: Draw. Lots.
>>
>>17460513

What this guy said.
>>
>>17460429
>>17460513
also, don't throw your sketches away. Keep them, and put the date on them. After a few months or maybe even weeks of solid grinding 2 hours every day, you might start to become frustrated, ask yourself why you even bother, cause you will still feel you're doing terrible and not feeling any progress. That's when you go back and take out the very first pages you did, in order to look at how you drew on day 1, and realize how awful that was and how much you've actually improved compared to that.
>>
>>17460513
Thanks for the advice, will check those videos. I started with drawabox.com because it seems nice and I will upgrade it later on with other sources anyway.
And yeah I need to draw a lot, gotta force myself I guess.

>>17460530
Sound advice, thank you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.