[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bf has very large, close family >several cousins all around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2010-08-25-22h37m10s129.png (621KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2010-08-25-22h37m10s129.png
621KB, 1024x576px
>bf has very large, close family
>several cousins all around our age
>some are nice, some are not
>been with bf for several years
>his female cousins test the shit out of all the male cousins' girlfriends
>me and other cousin's gf have been around longest
>they're still pretty shady to us

I'm nice. I small talk and joke with them. They all still are mean/nice to me. They're nice, but then find ways to nitpick what I do and be slightly mean. It's hard to explain. For example, they will complain if I don't eat enough at their family parties, but then if I eat a lot I literally hear them talk shit about me loudly across the room. Like "she needs to save room for dessert."

Even if I don't go to certain family events because I can't make it, it's like they complain that I don't come to enough, then when I am there, they secretly complain that I am there.

Should I even try anymore? Is it worth their approval? My bf just tells me to be nice and disregard anything mean because if I even attempt to fight back, they will hold it against me forever.

Seeing my bf's cousins is mentally draining and almost self esteem ruining for me. What do
>>
>>17460318
I have the same family setup and we do the same thing. They like you
>>
>>17460325
They've treated me like this for five years. What a shitty way to express liking someone.
>>
>>17460318
Just ignore them.

In the grand scheme of things they mean nothing, are being bitches and bad mouth you regardless of how you act.

My 27 year old wife has dentures because her mom punched out her teeth when she was 16. Try staying civil with someone like that at sunday dinner.
>>
>>17460318
Also, when I hang out with the family, I usually just stick to bf and his male cousins. They were talking about dating and half of the cousins are terrified of bringing any women home because they're cousins and sisters destroy them and have made girls leave/cry.
>>
>>17460329
Do they tease and make fun of each other? I love family gatherings my one cousin is dating a doctor and we've been calling her a gold digger.
>>
>>17460332
My family is no walk in the park either.

But being around several females that are catty is like high school flashbacks for me and we're all almost 30...

I talk to the other longterm gf of a cousin and how she does it is amazing. She will talk and mingle with them. I hear them also say sarcastic/mean things to her. And she just smiles and recovers quickly. Like she just bottled it all and released a smile. I literally sperg out when they say something uncomfortable to me.

>>17460340
Nope, they are all each other's best friends. They talk loudly and constantly praise each other every two mins. Constantly calling each other beautiful, successful women.

There's also a racial difference... But I am actually half white and half my bf's race. But I don't look it and they've never asked.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.