[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I need a bit of help. I'm going into my senior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: pIT0TSA.jpg (520KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
pIT0TSA.jpg
520KB, 2448x1836px
Hey guys I need a bit of help.

I'm going into my senior year of high school and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do college-wise. I'm my dream job is working in IT, I love building and setting up computers and my dream job would either be the "IT guy" at a company or to build and repair PCs. My options are to go to college and take out student loans for a CompSci degree or get certifications and look for a job right out of high school. What do you suggest I do?
>>
It is shit-tier will lead to depression.

Shoot for CS if you have a never give up attitude.

CS will give you a better life.
>>
File: WdT15ZgeLs.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WdT15ZgeLs.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
depends how much the college cost. honestly when i talked with people at the geek squad they said simply an A+ certification would get you pretty far. that is 2 classes 1 textbook and a test.
>>
>>17459298
Building and setting up computers, lol no

Get a computer science degree as long as you're smart you WILL be able to find a job. Be really good like expert level, professional already in code quality and safety, you may even get 6 figures straight out of college like me
>>
>>17459298
Do NOT get a CS degree! You will likely end up in a bullpen as a codemonkey ten hours a day until you get fired at 45!

If you want to work with hardware and you're good at math, look into electrical / computer engineering.

If you like computer networks, don't go to university, but get a entry level job as a technician and try to do as many certificates (Cisco, IBM, etc.) as possible.
>>
>>17459298

I had the same idea, ended up switching degrees.
You'll enjoy computer engineer degree very much. Its what I'm doing and I WISH someone gave me the direction when I was your age.

CE degree - build robots, build circuit boards, code them

EE - more magnetics and lapace transform - more math shit you wont ever use in a job unless you're working for nasa, but cool stuff.
>>
>>17460375
Horrible advice, this only applies to people who go into retarded specializations in CS like only ever learning ASP.Net 45.5 Server Of The Year Edition Plus, or Javascript PumperBungles extension library

Study CS, study C, study C++, but most of all study data structures and algorithms and the math behind them, and high level system architecture. You will be employed forever

"Oh yeah this guy is 45 now and has 20 years of experience in writing high performance C++ and system design, let's fire him because he's old" give me a break.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.