[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /adv/ I need a laptop for the Uni Something that looks nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1_37_384[1].jpg (80KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
1_37_384[1].jpg
80KB, 992x558px
Sup /adv/

I need a laptop for the Uni
Something that looks nice and small enough to be carried in a backpack and can run a few games like CSGO or Overwatch
>>
>I need a laptop for the Uni
>need
No you don't
>>
>>17459250
nigga how am I going to watch anime in my student room at night
>>
>>17459255
Do it in the library like the loser you are
>>
>>17459278
It's not so great for masturbation and gaming
>>
>>17459279
Sure it is. Don't knock it until you try it
>>
>>17459282
Thank you for your solid advices senpai
Thank to you I just saved 500$
>>
>>17459284
Treat yourself to a stripper, camgirl or hooker of your choice
>>
how much money are you looking to spend?
>>
>>17459292
Around 500$
>>
>>17459293
The laptop in the op is literally the computer I'm using right now (might be a slightly different model but looks exactly the same). I bought it about a month ago and it's really great, im going to college in a few weeks and this should do the job, and it's around your price. For something that looks nice and can be carried easily I would definitely reccomend. The only problems it might jug a bit with overwatch, it has a i5 processor and 8 gigs of ram. I don't know much about overwatch because I play it on console ..but this laptop should do the job. and the price is great for the specs btw And this computer has ssd but it's also pretty small, but nothing an extra hard drive wouldn't fix, also having an ssd means super fast boot times. here it is if you want to check it out for yourself. https://www.amazon.com/F556UA-AS54-15-6-inch-Full-HD-Laptop-Windows/dp/B01CGGOUJM/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471160201&sr=1-2&keywords=asus
>>
File: 1468738048490.jpg (3MB, 2160x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1468738048490.jpg
3MB, 2160x1920px
Hugging this thread

Also a future uni studet, can I get something decent for 250-300 dollars?

I mostly need it for my drawing tablet (art student), besides movies n' hentai

Plz adv!
>>
So from my experience of like 4 years of CS (not counterstrike ya dingus)

Do NOT get a tablet. Even if you think you only want a facebook machine + pdf reader. I bet eventually you will want to do something that a tablet cant do, but a normal x86 can.

Do NOT get win10. It sucks. Win7 if you can, otherwise go to your cs faculty's student organisation, there's bound to be someone who will explain you how to Linux and/or help you install it. They are weird but generally nice people.

Small or big?
For ease of carrying, you might want a small netbook thingy, i.e. like a 13inch screen. Obviously lighter and fits into smaller spaces/bags/... but on the downside you have only 13 inches of screen.
Or you could man the fuck up and lug around a big ass gaming "laptop" which you wouldn't want on your lab because it weighs 15lbs and gets really warm really fast. My lil sis decided "fuck everything, I want vidya" and got herself a 17inch monster, which she is now carrying around every day.

If you want to carry it around with you, invest in an SSD. Srsly. Not only does it load faster than a traditional HDD, but it also does not care if it's being bashed about.

As for brands, well. Lenovo obviously is god-tier, SNSV is pretty okay, Dell is meh these days, and the others are budget at best. You get what you pay for. Unless you get an alienware, in which case you got ripped off.

Most important, do not listen to advice you get from the internet, except for this one: go to your local store and ask them. Tell them what you want to do and your financial situation, and they will find the correct machine for you. By local store I do NOT mean neither walmart nor gamestop, but rather an actual """geeky""" computer store.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.