[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, My girlfriend and I are having an argument and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cat-1401557_640.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
cat-1401557_640.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
Hey /adv/,

My girlfriend and I are having an argument and I need to know if what I'm doing is right or wrong:

My cat has recently been diagnosed with feline diabetes. Due to this, and my schedule with schooling, I am being forced to wake up around 7:00 AM and I need to be home 7:00 PM to give my cat an insulin injection.

Since I have gotten in to this new routine, I have been going to sleep much earlier than I used to. I used to be able to stay up much later, like practically up to 2AM, but now I am going to sleep around 11PM. I get home around 7:00 to give my cat her shots,and after an hour I am basically getting ready to go to bed.

I have to leave my girlfriend's house around 6:30 because of this, and if I ever bring her to my house I am tired and done by like 8:00, so she is saying it is unfair of me to do that to her. She feels that it is bullshit that I have to go at 6:30 each day to fulfill my responsibility, and she also feels it is bullshit that I have to take her home so much earlier that we used to be able to.

tl;dr - I am forced to wake up at 7, my girl wakes up whenever she wants (like 11:30 most of the time) and due to circumstances my day ends around 7:00PM socially. She feels she deserves better than that.

Any advice on what I should do?
>>
Let me get this straight: your cat's sickness is making you maintain a healthy sleep schedule and that makes you the bad guy?
>>
>>17458329

You've made a lifestyle adjustment, and if it sounds like a necessary one like you say it is, then she can adapt or leave.

Wait for a bit to get into your routine to see if your energy adapts--you shouldn't be overly sleepy at 8 with a schedule like yours. This'll mean more potential time with your girlfriend.
>>
What does she expect you to do? Let your cat suffer so you can spend more time with her?
>>
>>17458329
Well, you aren't wrong, for sure. She should adapt to this change because that's what grillfriends do, right? like supporting when things are bad. I think you would do the same for her. (adapting to the new schedule, not giving her the insuline shots. Maybe that too, I don't know, whatever.)

If you ever are planning on having kids, she should realize that if you do that for your cat, you can be a wonderful father.

Btw thank you for not letting down your cat.
>>
You have a responsibility to your cat. He's a living creature that relies on you to be alive and happy. You are absolutely doing the responsible, selfless, and right thing here.

Your girlfriend is being very selfish and doesn't seem to care about your personal needs and responsibilities. It's about her her her, and how she feels, and how you feel is irrelevant
>>
>>17458514
this
>>
>>17458329
>my girl wakes up whenever she wants (like 11:30 most of the time)
>She feels that it is bullshit that I have to go at 6:30 each day to fulfill my responsibility, and she also feels it is bullshit that I have to take her home so much earlier that we used to be able to.

Your girlfriend is selfish trash. It's okay for her to want to spend more time with you, but SHE is the one that needs to put forth the effort in fixing her schedule. She wants you to cater to her and let this animal suffer. Be it an animal, a child, or a family member under your care, you are obligated to care for this living being. They are the priority. I really think that she has issues with your cat being a priority, and she's probably jealous. Because this sounds like an easy fix on her end. She's playing games with you.
>>
>>17458329
Why don't you ask the vet if you can give the cat injections at different times? Say 9 am and 9 pm. The important thing is twice a day, isn't it?
>>
>>17458329
She sounds like a pissy bitch to be honest. Unless she puts out for you, I would make it clear that if she wants a better sleep schedule that the door is down the hall and to the left.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.