[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm becoming a senior in high school this coming school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (52KB, 750x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 750x454px
I'm becoming a senior in high school this coming school year and I'm still fuzzy I what I want to do in college. One thing that really caught my eye was Nuclear Engineering at NC State (famed for engineering programs). I'm in-state and have always been interested in things involving atoms and how they interact, but I don't want to end up making a mistake. Any advice?
>>
>>17457912
take whatever you want but think about the job you will work after it not just the course thats interesting.

Also make sure to check the "% that found jobs in this field after graduation"
>>
>but I don't want to end up making a mistake
This is the risk you take when you major in basically anything STEM. STEM doesn't have the flexibility and versatility other areas of majors have.
>>
>>17457922
% fuck that shit....
Are you a teenager addicted to quantitative results?

OP, he is right tho. You really have to think about what you want ? Find your talent. Being bad at a bunch of things may lead to you being the best in something else.

If you can drive a car and you feel like a god in any motorized vehicle.. become truck driver. Not just any driver but the best there is!

But don't care about numbers % and whatever quantitative shit!

There is guy that dropped off my uni before first year. Seems stupid as fuck at business at math. Two years later he runs a successful business with 10+ employees. This dude just radiates energy. Business everything involved just flows along with he blood. Statics says he has nearly 0 chance of success... not!
>>
>>17457966
this is debatable advice.

Make a living. Then pursue your passion.

My brother has a masters in law and philosophy. He currently works in a factory because he has terrible interpersonal skills and philosophy is worth nothing.

I am not saying don't pursue your passion. If it pays well fucking do it. If it doesn't. Get into it after you have a stable life and income.
>>
>>17457988
Agreed, i did not mean passion. I see passion like wanting to be an astronaut. And talent as become really good at something with minimal effort. Like a raw diamond.
>>
OP here
>>17457922
Part of the reason I'm leaning to NE is because I know Nuclear Power is (atleatst I think) a solid industry so I figured a solid place to work.
>>17457966
>>17457988
Thanks for the advice. I figured I would take something along the lines of management to give me a bit of a buffer. I don't know exactly how the majors and minors work yet so I don't know if minors would help give me flexibility if NE doesn't work out>>17457988
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.