[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So basically I was the basement dweller that was 22 years old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (19KB, 458x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 458x321px
So basically I was the basement dweller that was 22 years old and had never had a job before, but today my luck changed /adv/ I actually tried filling out applications online just yesterday:

>fast foward a day later
>get a call from Walmart
>oh shit.jpg
>get nervous talking to this female, I don't talk to females at all
>tells me to go to an interview
>heart starts pumping, she gives me the address but I'm nervous as hell and started writing the address wrong, thankfully I was able to write most of it correctly
>go to the interview, a girl is interviewing me, I'm nervous but I don't make it obvious
>sign papers and do the background check, I'm assuming I'm hired now right?
>pushing carts no wonder it was that easy getting the job

I'm honestly so relief /adv/ I was heading into a dark path.. This can be considered a crappy job by many but at least I'm gonna start putting money in my pockets and blossom from here... I just wanted to let you guys know because I have no one else to share it with, 4chan feels like a family. To everyone who is going through the same thing, just give a try anons.. It really isn't that hard, once you try just a little windows will open.
>>
good job man
>>
>>17457635
Thanks anon, if people put themselves out of their comfort zone for just a few minutes lifes can change quickly.. I had to force myself to go to that interview and luckily I was hired right away.. But all people from here who are going through the same thing I was just put yourself out there.
>>
>>17457628
Way to go man. Remember this next time you're facing something else that feels impossible.
>>
Good for you, anon. About time the losers around here got their shit together.
>>
>>17457628
Well done. You should keep looking for jobs though, because you don't want to get stuck pushing carts. Now that you've got some experience you will be a much better candidate.
>>
>>17457628
Good for you. Nothing is ever quite as scary in real life as in your imagination, and now that you've done it once, if the rime comes that you're not satisfied with your Walmart job you know you can handle applying for a better one.
>>
>>17457660
thanks man and things aren't as hard as we think, we just have to put ourselves out there
>>17457669
lol I was heading towards the NEET life
>>
>>17457628
Object lesson to others: To do it you just have to decide to do it.
>>
>>17457682
Thanks anon and you're right later on I will probably start to feel like pushing carts isn't enough and I have to get a better job, but first I want to communicate with people and gain confidence
>>17457683
Yeah in my mind I thought people were gonna judge me because of the job I was applying for, but the employees seemed nice and stuff.. Of course I had to talk to them with a smile in order to get good vibes back.
>>
Good job, now don't stagnate. Put forth effort at your job and see if it's rewarded, Walmart has a lot of turnover and attracts many poor workers since it's often viewed as a last resort type place. So if you show you're better than that you won't be pushing carts for long.

Though that may not be the case at your store so always keep an eye out for something better.
>>
Congrats anon
>>
congratulations, good luck in the future!
>>
>>17457721
I'm not gonna take for granted this job, it might not be a lot but I'll make sure to put more effort than my coworkers
>>17457723
Thanks
>>
File: (y).jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
(y).jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>17457628
>>
>>17457750
Thanks you too :D
>>17457770
Salute to you too
>>
Well done anon. Work hard and don't be afraid to let them know you would like to move in store to a better job. I've seen cart pushers do that in my local store.
>>
Congrats goodluck man.
>>
congratulations op, i had a rough day and you inspired me to make tomorrow different.
>>
>>17457628
Proud of you anon!
After working there for a while, definitely keep looking out for more work. I suggest signing up to like a Seek email list or something like that. I started in Walmart too then after about 7 months of being stock I said 'fuck it' and went hunting for work again. Fastforward 2 years and I'm a floor manager at a drug store.
Keep it up OP, however don't spend your money on crap because that can happen too and then you can become a neet with a job.
Instead open a proper bank account and start saving your money, save your money to go and study a certificate or a diploma level education, maybe even in business or something you feel you're good at.

This is where it starts op, don't screw it up, we got faith in you.
>>
congrats anon hopefully you can move up in the company you earned it
>>
>>17459357
>applies for and gets trolley boy job
>hopefully you can move up in the company you earned it
It's great that OP's making an effort, but let's not delude ourselves that OP's done anything spectacular
>>
>>17457628
I really like this post anon, I'm happy for you

Yep you should breathe a sigh of relief and pat yourself on the back, I'm serious, you're just went above a big percentage of people

But don't get complacent - keep rising
>>
>be former lady whale
>dumped by bf for being obese and disgusting
>wallow in self pity forever
>finally decide to fix it
>Start getting /fit/
>actually just starting with losing the weight, baby steps
>lose 70lbs over the course of a couple years
>Binge a bit this summer
>Gain back 20 over the course of a month.
>Be really bummed and discouraged, wanna give up
>Read your post
>Remember how great it felt finally taking control of my life, to finally do something I thought I never could.
>Make plans to go to gym tomorrow.

Thanks anon, I needed this. Keep it up friend, the road ain't easy but I hope we both make it to the end. :)
>>
>>17457628
>I'm gonna start putting money in my pockets and blossom from here

Just a bit of friendly advice: when you realize that getting a job doesn't magically fix everything in your life, try not to kill yourself.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.