[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’m 27. My life isn’t fucked up or anything, but I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 60264298_607e69cb22_z.jpg (108KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
60264298_607e69cb22_z.jpg
108KB, 500x333px
I’m 27. My life isn’t fucked up or anything, but I feel like I wasted way too much time on video games. Now that I stopped playing, I picked up some new activities, but I wish I had started earlier: what level of skill I could have reached if I had started ten years ago.

Thing is, I couldn’t have started ten years ago: I had not the right mindset. I know that. But I just can’t keep the "regret" out of my head.

I there anything I could do to get over that feeling, or should I let time do the work?
>>
File: OSVYKU3.jpg (34KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
OSVYKU3.jpg
34KB, 736x492px
Now I know I'm gonna sound like a huge jock by saying this, but actually going to the gym, working on yourself, taking group lessons or even a private trainer REALLY helped me feel better about myself.

It caused me to get more people into my life through the people that showed up to those classes, I was happy with the improvement I was seeing and it made me feel less lazy and more active.

If that doesn't seem like your forte and want to try something more gaming oriented and social, why not join your local hobbyist store/club? Play table top games like 40k or D&D or even MTG.

Ever had a sport or an instrument you've always wanted to play but feel you're too old for that? Don't be! Lesson teachers have been working with people that have been in their 50's/60's that have wanted to play golf but never knew how or have never had the technique.

Overall, do an activity in the community where you can meet a new circle of friends and eventually you'll be long past that gaming life. It has worked for me and I'm sure it will work for you!
>>
>>17456783

Oh but I do have lots of activities, now, started playing keyboard, repaired my guitar, looking now for signing lessons... I also fixed my diet and will start working out. I also took some drawing lessons, and i am currently working on a plot for a book.

I have more lived in these last months than in the last ten years.

I just I get that feeling sometimes, when I'm taking a break and think about what I am doing right now, and we I see I'm not so bad, I just can't help but think shit if I had started earlier.

I guess two things:

-either I will never overcome it, and will carry this as a reminder to never slack off again.
-or these years I consider "wasted" will be just a detail of the story later in my life
>>
I'm in a similar situation. I believe that those years "wasted" were part of the process and who I currently am. Seeing it like that takes away the feeling of regret. I also don't really regret it too much. Think of the good times you did have, and the good that came of it, even if not ideal. Basically, be optimistic about things. If you aren't too optimistic about it, use the reminder to deive you to work even harder. Sometimes it's easy to forget to keep pushing forward when you reached a level of comfort. I feel like that's what'll decide if the feeling stays or goes away for you
>>
>>17456756

How did this change happen?
Did you just wake up one morning thinking 'Shit, I just want to do something with my life!' or was there a specific reason?
>>
>>17456756
Just learn from it, look forward to the future knowing you won't fall into the same trap again; many people spend their entire lives consumed by escapist entertainment. You're one of the lucky ones.
>>
>>17456909
I don't know. I had a few years that were pretty rough, I don't say it was depression, but it was quite similar. I just didn't find any joy in playing anymore, it was a way to numb myself. I had to do something else because I felt miserable.

But I also think that it is also due to the fact that I developed a crush on a girl who is the most interesting girl I have met and we share quite a few interest.
>>
>>17457342
Ahahaha such shallow reasons spark the thrist for life.

Dude your the guy who thinks your dick watch out bitches like this kill.

Work out read up some hobby a job and please practice your game a bit before you go in for the kill.
>>
>>17457355
Yeah I know it's completely idiotic and I am going to pick me up again with a little spoon when it's all over but love makes the world go around they say.

Perhaps with a wee bit of luck thinks will work out and even if I don't get the prize, I am still better off than I was before I guess.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.