[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people always hate you when you make good out of your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: My life.jpg (93KB, 700x471px)
My life.jpg
93KB, 700x471px
Do people always hate you when you make good out of your life?

I started working out and studying a few years ago and I drastically improved my appearance and vocabulary and now they seem really defensive and guarded and rude all the time. If their girlfriends talk to me they get angry, if someone compliments me they try to put me down, if we go out somewhere to eat they always have to make some bullshit remark about me not eating meat, etc.

I know a lot of people would probably say get new friends but guess what, I tried. And I hated it just as much for the opposite reason. It just turned into pic related.

They say if everyone around you seems like a problem, it's you. But. Is it me? Is it my attitude? Is it better to just be alone? People just seem terrible no matter how bad or good they are and I'm considering giving up and going back to pane one in the image.

Self improvement didnt change anything except to make me less angry at myself and more angry at the world.
>>
File: 34535351241.jpg (156KB, 479x604px) Image search: [Google]
34535351241.jpg
156KB, 479x604px
Is this bait? If it's not, then either your friends are jealous or you are rubbing your achievements into their faces too much. How often do you tell them that you don't eat meat?
>>
>>17456760
I'm serious... But. It's only mentioned when people offer me a bite of something. Even then I don't until they insist. I don't rub anything in anyone's face. I really only mention things on a need to know basis in general. The only thing I mention often is not to invite me places early because I exercise before 5 usually. They bring all this shit up way more often than I do in such a fucking snide way. And their girlfriends will just exacerbate the situation and ask them why they dont go to the gym with me. God. Fuck all of them. "With friends like these who needs enemies" is becoming a go to quote for me.
>>
File: 1471078193860.jpg (18KB, 361x321px)
1471078193860.jpg
18KB, 361x321px
>>17456811
>And their girlfriends will just exacerbate the situation and ask them why they dont go to the gym with me.

That's why they resent you, you dumb faggot. You are giving them more work.

The simple ugly truth noone ever admits too is that having someone around you who is getting thinner will make everyone in their immediete social circle feel fatter. If you're the only one studying they are going to feel dumber. If you quit your job then they'll think you have more freedom and envy that too.

No it's not your fault.

No you friends are not assholes, at least not anymore than usual. You just haven't been validating them enough.

My friend went from alpha wingman to beta cuck and his gf flirts with me in front of him since I became single a few months back.

It's shitty and uncomfortable but I understand his frustration so I give him a freebie and validate his worth in some way, I ask about his writing, I mention to his gf something witty he said or I said and modified so he said it in the story.

>tl:dr Your Self-Improvement becomes a reflection on your friends percieved shortcomings. Compliment them on the things they think they are good at.

Be thankful that you are the friend on top right now and don't let your ego get too big, you won't always be on this side of it.
>>
>>17456858
Believe it or not I tried the whole validating others thing but it came off as anxious, awkward, and forced and seemed to end up spiraling into some deranged "who's the most humble" competition.

My charisma levels are in the negative. I'm not a likeable person and I'm naturally quite bitter and have a natural inclination to criticize both myself and others. There's no socially acceptable way to "be myself" without people hating me more than they already do.

Thing is. As far as being "on top" it feels just as terrible as being on the bottom. Except now I get to add pretentious and unappreciative to my list of qualities. I dont get pussy. I don't get good friends. I get more opportunities for both, but I'm just not emotionally built for any of this. I think I just want to exist in a non-social context entirely. Do heroin and make myself a pariah and die. The. At least it doesn't look like I killed myself. Just that I fell down the wrong path.

Literally every path in life is terrible. Life seems to have some sort of monkey's paw type clause where it twists and dementia all of your desires into something fucked up to teach you some sort of arbitrary lesson. I dont know. I "fixed my life" but I still want to die as much as I always did. I know I'm ranting and 4chan of all places doesn't have whatever answers I'm looking for. Whatever. Sorry.
>>
>>17456651
It's ok dude. Keep doing what you're doing. At the end of the day your happiness is the most important thing. I get alot of criticism for studying and knowing what I want to do with myself. Regardless I couldn't give a fuck what those cunts say. Be yourself man.
>>
>>17456887
Look. Guy.

These people, do they make you feel good?

Did they ever? Do they make you feel good about yourself or just 'adjusted' and 'not alone'?

It sounds like you have a self esteem issue man. You always have shit friends from the sounds of it.

It's hard to get laid/enjoy life/not be a secret misanthropic asshole when your friends are emotionally stunted children that don't know how to express their thoughts and emotions and make you feel bad for expressing yours.

When you're with your friends, conversations are meant to be stream of conciousness and light hearted. Every idea or addition to the topic or story is good and should never be criticised.

If you don't feel comfortable around your friends then they aren't friends, they're just aquaintances you keep hanging around for some reason
>>
>>17456903
Thanks for understanding. It helps.
>>
>>17456651
>It just turned into pic related.
You went too hard at it and tried to be someone you're not. If video games was previously a significant part of your life, it's going to suck when you try to force it away like that. I'm not saying you should go full retard and make video games your only "hobby" again, but instead try to replace it slowly with something more useful.

And look, life isn't this binary situation where you either try extremely hard to act normal all the time or live in your mom's basement playing video games. Ditch your toxic friends, but please change your attitude as well. Be open-minded. If you keep at improving yourself, you will eventually run into a great variety of people. You will find people that you have stuff in common with who also don't want to see you fail, trust me. Just try to have a far-sighted view about things, and you'll get there anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.