[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, here's my plan: By 2024 myself and my best friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0075.jpg (306KB, 2064x1460px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0075.jpg
306KB, 2064x1460px
Hey guys, here's my plan: By 2024 myself and my best friend will likely have the funds to achieve our dream of buying about 10 acres of land and building our own houses, having some crops and livestock (tobacco, tomatoes; goats, chickens), and having a garage/workshop with tons of tools, and a small building specifically for recording music and stuff.

We're both in Cleveland and looking to do this in the US, but we have some criteria to meet for the location of our dream homestead.

1) Must not be as fucking cold as Cleveland, Ohio. We love it up here, but the winters are starting to suck cocks

2) Must be pretty good for growing crops. This is a must, as we want to be a tiny bit self sufficient.

3) Can't be too racist; I'm Mexican/Native American and thr last time I drove through Kentucky, the person behind the counter at a gas station refused to serve my white friend and I. This happened at 3 gas stations. I don't need to be coddled, but I'd prefer my excursions into town aren't a problem.

4) I'd like being about 20 miles outside of a major metropolitan area. Somewhere between the sticks and the inner city.

So guys, which state and general area do you think we should choose?
>>
>>17455562
Damn those sound like nice plans
>>
>>17455565
Yeah bro. We're doing some business shit and saving that should get us pretty chunk of change, and this is how we want to invest our money. Living how we want, growing most of our own food, and continuing to do what we love.

The planned houses aren't mansions either. I just want to build my own modest home to suit my needs. Most of the land will be used to further support our lifestyle.
>>
>>17455568
Fucking amazing! That sounds like fun, maybe throw in a pot plant or something.
You could also go hunting and shit.

I would do something similar it just sounds laid back and awesome.
>>
The South seems perfect for what you're trying to do, tobacco grows best in the South along with many of the commodities you're proposing. My guess is to find a place in the South near a city with a more diverse population. Florida seems like a good choice yet I don't know how fertile the ground is there.
>>
>>17455572
Thank you man. It's been a long time planning this, and we have a few more projects to use the land for. I plan on maybe even renting some of it out, or building a shack just for AirBNB or the average traveler. It could be cool.
>>
>>17455573
Pretty good actually, FL land is not bad. Especially in the Homestead area.

>>17455576
What do you mean for just AirBNB?
>>
>>17455562
NC Raleigh
>>
Honestly man, I live and grew up in the Pacific Northwest. Eastern Oregon has is perfect for what you're looking for. Land is cheap as fuck, you aren't more than three hours from every climate on Earth. Move out here and grow those crops and Poppy Plants. Cook Opium and smoke and sell it. It is a serious suggestion. When I retire, I plan to move to Indo-China a abuse Opium till I die. Do it.
>>
>>17455573
My friend whom I'm doing this with also mentioned Northeast Florida, although I've never been there so I'm not sure of any areas. I also thought that something in Tennessee could possibly work.

The south is sort of an obvious choice, it's just a matter of finding a place that's not too racist, hahaha.
>>
>>17455584
Homestead, FL is the place man.
>>
>>17455577
AirBNB is a service thing where you can rent out rooms of a house to people traveling for cheaper than hotels usually cost. It's just an idea. Maybe even let the occasional homeless person stay there in exchange for a small amount of labor on the crops.
>>
>>17455587
Don't! Homeless are known to steal and shit be careful.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe rent a few acres for a few thousand a month.
You could also build a few homes or maybe even a trailer park sort of place with a bunch of trailers.
You just need to make sure that you don't get any druggies and shit.
>>
>>17455577
Cultivating illegal drugs seems pretty risky desu,you might be able to get away with it in the more remote parts of the Appalachians, but idk about 20 miles out of a metro area. Either way it could lead to a huge mess, especially if you're growing hard stuff like opium
>>
>>17455592
I wouldn't dare grow anything illegal. It wasn't a euphemsism when I said I'd grow tobacco. Pipe smoking is a big hobby of mine, friendo.
>>
Shameless self bump for great justice. Any other ideas?
>>
>>17455592
>>17455595
Weed is fine, if you do live far from the city a plant or two won't hurt anybody.
>>
>>17455562

This is a great plan, except for involving your best friend.

The odds are high that eventually, you or your friend are going to want to get married, or get a dream job elsewhere, or something. One or the other of you is going to need to move out / move on.

You need to plan ahead of time how you'll deal with that situation. How much is it going to cost you to buy out your friends half of the adventure? Will you have that kind of cash handy? Are you going to make it all legally airtight?

Also, its pretty hard to have a big garden, livestock, etc, and also have a full time job in the city.

I think a better version of this plan is to get married first and do this plan with your wife instead of your friend.

t. married man living on 14ac, with sheep, goats, chickens, bees, and a work-from-home software job
>>
>>17455595
Some guys were suggesting it so I just chimed in. Either way you're best bet imo is to find a few good plots then go down and feel out the area for yourself
>>
>>17455626
I was thinking his idea was good, but this is better. I think you should do this OP.

Your life sounds awesome. Where do you live?
>>
>>17455626
I understand your concern but my best friend and I have been bros since we were 7 years old. No homo but I trust him more than I could trust any woman. Best friend breakups also don't have alimony.

I may have misspoke as we'll likely not work in the city. He may work at a college or recording studio, but I'm putting a lot of work into working from home or being a freelancer. Living near a city is just for convenience. I may like the simple life, but I occasionally like visiting the big city.
>>
>>17455643
Move to Homestead then.
>>
Well the best recommendations were Raleigh NC, Homestead FL, and eastern OR. Thanks for the advice, fellas. Maybe one day you's guys can stay at Farmer Jose's ranch
>>
>>17455643

Ok. All I'm saying is - have a legally binding plan for what happens when someone wants to move out.

Secondly, do you think you might get married some day? Maybe want kids? The place you're dreaming of is a perfect place for kids to grow up.

But again - your wife is going to have a lot to say about where she lives. You may find yourself hitting farmersonly.com or something to meet women :)

One thing you'll want to investigate is getting decent internet out in rural areas. It can be really, really difficult, and you can't really trust any "do i get service here?" websites, or even any people from the phone or cable companies that are like "oh yeah you can get it here no problem"

If there is not already working wired broadband at the property, assume it will cost at least $10k of your money, out of pocket, to get it there.
>>
>>17455674
godspeed brother, I hope you do well
>>
>>17455675
I don't mind the company of a woman, and I have a girlfriend right now. But marriage is something I'm very opposed to. And kids are the same to me.

Hopefully by the time we do this, fibre will be widespread enough that broadband is the norm in hick towns that I'll likely live in. To reiterate, I'm not going completely off the grid, but I'd like some land for my activities.
>>
>>17455674
I would love to, if you go to Homestead I can go any fucking time. I'm from Miami, I personally think that is the best place.

+Bunch of land
+A lot of workers
+City is not very far away
+Good farming land
+Not in the middle of no where
>>
>>17455694
Yeah, man. If in 8-ish years you hear that two musicians/game devs are moving into town and setting up shop, send me a snail mail.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.