[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some academic advice. I'll be starting an intense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: stock-dad-engineer.jpg (145KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
stock-dad-engineer.jpg
145KB, 600x431px
I need some academic advice.

I'll be starting an intense 2 semesters worth of physics courses. Taking about 5-6 courses a semester. For the first semester it'll be optics, math applied physics (dq, vector differential and integrals), therm, intro to modern physics, intro to classical phys lab and solid state electronics.

For the latter semester, it'll be electromagnetism, modern phys lab, mechanics, electrical circuits, and math applied physics II (laplace transforms, fourier analysis, complex analysis). All the courses 200 level, except for electromagnetism and modern phys lab (300 level courses).

Should I make adjustments? I can move electrical circuits to my first semester or swap it with a course mentioned before. I also have the option to replace math applied physics II with optoelectronics, is it wise to do so? I'm an ME major and a prospective student for a masters in aerospace, so I'm not sure how useful it will be to learn about laplace transforms, fourier analysis, complex analysis for physics.

On a last note, how difficult will it be to maintain a "decent" GPA (at least a 3.5) with this course load?
>>
I'm not from the US so I don't know if that's a lot, but why can't you spread these courses out over an extra semester?
>>
>>17453466
Load it all up as you are only young once. Knowledge is power. I'm also on the same boat as you fighting for my engineering degree.

The path we have chosen is difficult if not punishing. But you have to create balance and work ethic. Dont work so hard you wont have a bit of time to play too. The mind snd body require rest.
>>
>>17453466
They're level 200 and 300 courses, stop tripping. If you got an A in your 100 courses, and you apply yourself in the upper courses, it'll work out.

The course content doesn't really matter, as the higher the course level becomes it just focuses on areas you've already built a foundation on.
>>
>>17453469
I have to decision to spread them over 2 semesters or 4. So I can either finish those courses in a year, or two. The sooner I finish those, the sooner I can take the engineering courses. Honestly, if it becomes too difficult, I can drop some of those courses and spread it over an additional year. But, I just want to know how difficult will it be to maintain a decent GPA.

>>17453473
I'm afraid I won't be playing anymore with this course load. Which path of engineering have you chosen?
>>
>>17453476
There are generally two crowds to this. It's 200-300 level courses, so I should worry my ass off. Or it's 200-300 level courses and if I did well in my 100 courses, I'll be fine. I mean I'm a bit optimistic, but, just a bit nervous that I'll somehow flunk one of those courses.

As for the 2nd part of math applied physics (laplace transforms, fourier analysis, complex analysis), would it useful for a ME student, who might branch out to aerospace? Or to lighten the load should I replace it with optoelectronics?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.