[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My job lately has been extremely draining. I've been on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1365641039119.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1365641039119.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
My job lately has been extremely draining. I've been on the verge of just leaving, walking out.
Probably because I've been so emotionally drained and feeling sick from the bullshit. I've been sworn at, called stupid, and having shit work etc., then there's the derogatory comments about my occasional pimple, or when I am tired or if I don't dress sharply.

But the thing is, it is never said directly to me. It's always in passing or as a whisper within an earshot. And it's always the same guy. The owner of the company...

What would you do? I've been here for over 1.5 years and my direct manager and I get along. Prospects for future are good too... But lately it's been getting bad (I don't know why?) but the guy with all the power doesn't like me and it's starting to really affect my health and psyche.
>>
>>17453254
Well if you can't invest your 100% effort into the job and the person who hired you notices why even bother? The time you have spent there is irrelevant if you can't give it your best shot and the owner csn see your effort.

Quit. Quit if you can't give the job your best shot. Quit if you can't handle the taunting. Have some self respect. Find the job you will be happy working and find an employer that can appreciate you.

Pray that you will be blessed with the right path appointed to you by God. I was in the same shoes as you and I outright walked out. I didn't give it a single thought. Under appreciated, overworked and berated; I quit because the money was not worth it.
>>
>>17453254
>What would you do?
I'm in a similar situation. There have always been issues of favoritism with my boss, and although I'm one of the favorites, two really good co-workers that are repeatedly shit on are not. And the boss is using me as a way to shit on them, which I don't appreciate (only offering me opportunities, cutting their hours to nothing and trying to give it all to me, etc).

To add on to that, we have a new girl (3-4 months) that doesn't do her job. She'll pretend to go somewhere for an errand and will disappear for 3 hours, just talking to people or playing on her phone. So she'll ask us at the last minute, in front of the boss, if we'll help her out... or she'll just leave the workload for another person the next day. She's made antagonistic comments to those two co-workers I mentioned and physically harassed one, all in front of the boss. The boss just laughs. She'll also bombard people with emotional sob stories as soon as she walks in the door. So not only is she physically draining, she's emotionally draining. Both suck, but I can usually deal with one or the other. But both at the same time? It's driving everyone insane.

We've complained to our boss, her boss, and the person above that one. Nothing's really getting done though, so all three of us are leaving at the same time. Now the boss is in a panic because it's all down to her.

If the owner is there regularly and has no plans of transferring ownership or retiring, I'd cut my losses and start fresh. It'd be a little different if you were there 10 years, but 1.5 is nothing. Money is great, but not at the expense of your health and mental well being.
>>
You're hearing voices. See a shrink.
>>
>>17453291
I have entertained this question many times, I thought it was voices talking. And it makes sense because none of the stuff I've mentioned in my OP happens at once, it is small and passive aggressive. Then it goes back to 'peace', leaving you to concoct a narrative or create some cognitive dissonance that reminds yourself you're in it for the greater good and no one is out to get you... But then it happens again... and the cycle starts over.

I've had enough.

>>17453285
The main thing that is holding me back is the fact that this is my stepping stone, I literally have education debt, years spent in similar roles, and found a company that offers great opportunity. This is the main reason why I am staying. Leaving will just destroy everything I've worked for...

Start again? And do what?

>>17453290
Nice. Glad to hear that you're making that decision. Are you leaving the industry or just leaving the job to another similar role.
I fear that my reputation is at stake and that leaving will blacken my name across the industry ...
>>
>>17453341
don't care what your boss thinks of you. He's a fucking bitch and you know it. If you two were locked in a bathroom, you know you'd tie his ass to the shower and fuck him like a fucking bitch in the ass. He hates you yet he has to pay you, he's the one who is the bitch in the relationship. Quit being a fucking pussy and be a man. This is atleast what I am doing with my life now. I know most men are potatoes compared to me so i dont give a shit about their opinion anymore, they can talk about me in whispers all they want, fucking women.
>>
>>17453353
>fucking women

tell us more anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.