[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a thread about this last night, but it archived with no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1459916988780.png (139KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459916988780.png
139KB, 264x400px
I made a thread about this last night, but it archived with no replies. Trying again.

I'm 24, unemployed, and I dropped out of community college. My major was fine arts and I was originally hoping to transfer to art school. This never happened. In the three years I've been out of school, I have accomplished literally nothing. Also I'm a terrible artist. Long story short, I've come to realize maybe an art career isn't for me.

So I did some research and I'm interested in going back to school, this time for health science, and becoming a medical lab technician. I'm not bad at STEM or anything; it just doesn't interest me as much as the arts. And this is a scientific field that does interest me. It's an attainable career I can really see myself doing and even enjoying.

But I've already failed at an easier major. I'm not sure if I can handle a harder and more rigorous field of study. Especially since this is so different from what I've looked at doing up until now.

So is it a good idea or not?

Pic unrelated
>>
I don't think you should let the potential difficulty hold you back. It interests you, you believe you'll enjoy, I'd say go for it. If you can qualify, I'd go for some financial aid and carefully watch how much you're awarded. Avoid student loans if you can and go for grants and (if possible) scholarships to minimize cost.

You should probably get a part-time job as well, but the job + school will definitely kick your ass. It can be hard to juggle, but it's worth it. I'm halfway done with my bachelor's and I have no student debt.
>>
essentially it comes down to why you failed out of college before. if it was because of laziness or poor time management, that can be fixed.
>>
I will tell you only my story. I was send to a labor highschool because I wasn't smart enough in maths, grammar and such. I am a creative person, but there was no highschool for that. So I finished labor school thinking, this is it you know, my family is like this. I should just settle for it. But I always felt there was something wrong. After years working in factories I finally made the decision to get the right papers to do the bachelore degree I wanted to do. It tooks me 2 years to get those papers. I applied for the bachelor and I got rejected....Another year in a factory it was. Next year I applied again and I finally got in. I am now going into my graduation year as a music composer and sound designer for visual media. And people dig me because I stay true to myself, I have an own style and I'm good at it. Just because I'm loyal to myself and don't make many concessions to fit in the status quo.
>>
>>17452237
I am now 27 btw
>>
>>17452237
Damn anon, good for you.
>>
>>17452201

no idea. but consider this:

art is subjective. you very likely failed because there were certain concepts that not everyone can wrap their mind around. iti s about a level of skill.

science is objective. 2 + 2 will always equal 4. so as long as you can actually learn something, you will be fine.
>>
>>17452259

and on top of that, you can still explore art in your spare time.
>>
>>17452255
But I am still unhappy. But at least I got the career/school thing figured out. These things are easy you know, you just have to put time and energy in it and the rest just comes. You can control it so well. But all the other life stuff is way more difficult. Don't let yourself be scared by school/career/work, you can bend this reality so well with only will.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.