[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh sage givers of /adv/ice...how do I get back into college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1467770555313.jpg (61KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
1467770555313.jpg
61KB, 500x579px
Oh sage givers of /adv/ice...how do I get back into college?

About a year ago I was enrolled in a program and almost finished getting my associate's degree. I had a lot of shit going down, which I will detail below-

1. Boyfriend lost his job. We live together and I became soul breadwinner for a little while. Money was tight.

2. No financial aid - it was denied because of what I was making plus the fact I have a bachelor's degree already.

3. Holding down a full time job - it was retail management, so I was working at least 40 hours per week, but more often than not it was closer to 60 because of the demands of a manager in a retail environment.

4. That one teacher - we all have that one teacher that makes our life a living hell. This one teacher was holding a required after class tutoring that I was unable to attend because of work. I explained this to her, and asked if there would be any way I would be able to attend another one because I could not call out of work. Her response was that I am not dedicated enough to school, which royally pissed me off.

So, because of all this stress and the fact that the teacher pissed me off, I quit. Not in the best way, either. I just stopped showing up. I know, I know.

So some things have changed in the past year.

1. The teacher I hated has been fired. She isn't there anymore, so I wouldn't have to deal with her.

2. A teacher I really liked got promoted to be the head of the department.

3. Boyfriend has a job again and I am in a better place financially.

I really want to go back. My plan thus far is to email the department head and ask him if we could meet and discuss me possibly getting back in the program, and explain to him the circumstances of me dropping out before.

I've sat down three times to write this email and come up with nothing, and that's why I'm asking you for help. What should I say? How do I go about this to improve my chances of getting back in to college? Please halp.
>>
I don't understand, why you can't just register for courses?

tons of people take a hiatus from school, it's not like taking a semester off erases your earned credits or your acceptance.
>>
>>17452167
It was more like two semesters...and also I don't think my logins are active for the school anymore, because when I tried it either I don't remember the password or I've been baleeted.

Should I still email him and be like, hey this is why I've been gone for a year? What do I need to do?

I still feel like I need the help of an advisor. Should I maybe just contact admissions instead?
>>
>>17452176
Actually it was three semesters. Scratch that.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.