[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, I have some relationship shit that I want some opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: giphy.gif (315KB, 320x199px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
315KB, 320x199px
Hi /adv/, I have some relationship shit that I want some opinions on.

First, some background. My gf and I have been dating for about 2 and a half years, and things have been pretty great overall.

About a year ago, she told me about how a few years ago before we were dating she had this huge crush on a mutual friend who I don't talk to much anymore.

The past couple months, she has seemed less interested however. We still hang out and do the same stuff, but she feels like hanging out way less.

I'm on vacation in another state with my family atm, and this morning she tells me she's getting dinner with the aforementioned guy. She also tells me they're going to have a picnic dinner at the park. This is something my gf and I have always talked about doing as a date and never did.

Now, naturally, I felt kind of hurt by this, so I tell her that it kind of stings that she's going on one of our date ideas with a guy she used to have a crush on.

She freaks out and says she can't believe I'd say shit like that at this point in our relationship and that its completely inappropriate for me to bring up a past crush, and said this guy is "like a brother" to her.

I feel like shit for making her think I don't trust her, but come on, I feel like my reaction was totally warranted. Wat do?

(Pic unrelated)
>>
>>17452147
>(Pic unrelated)
Anon, I...

People are going to assume the best but those are things people do when they cheat.
>>
>>17452147
Your girlfriend isn't the brightest, is she?

On the other hand, you couldn't find time for a picnic in 2 1/2 years? Nigga, you didn't treat her right, anyway.
>>
>>17452161
A detail I should have included that may change people's minds, the guy in question also has a gf.

I'm sort of more hurt by the idea that she was living out a fantasy of if she had dated this guy instead of me
>>
>>17452161
I hate to agree but this is the suspicion I would get. You're away on vacation and she's alone with a guy she's liked in the past. Picnic dinner at a park? You know that sounds too romantic to be just two friends hanging out. In your situation I would break up with her.
>>
>>17452173
It was a more recent idea we had this summer, and like I said, the main factor limiting our outings was her not feeling like it. I treat her like a goddamn queen
>>
>>17452180
Keep talking and i will fill my bingo card.
>>
>>17452191
Oh?
>>
>>17452147
>She freaks out and says she can't believe I'd say shit like that at this point in our relationship and that its completely inappropriate for me to bring up a past crush, and said this guy is "like a brother" to her.
Do you live with her?

If not, cut her off but don't say anything to her. Then go find a girl(s) to hangout with in your current location. Do the same when you get back home.

I have seen so many of these threads and heard similar stories IRL. Getting into relationships like these don't end well. Trust me, rarely will women hesitate to be unfaithful if they find a man they deem 'superior'. Now, you can either be an autist and complain about life and women. Or, you can become the 'superior' man by not getting into relationships like this.
>>
>>17452193
Don't make me explain the joke, think a little.
>>
>>17452200
Yeah I get it
>>
>>17452200
>Don't make me explain the joke
Will I start laughing if you explain it? Or will it still not be funny at all?
>>
>>17452197
No, I don't live with her atm. We're in college, living at home this summer (were from the same town)
>>
I think you need to go reeeally cold for a while and hang around with other girls. In fact if you could dump her and move on it would be perfect. Don't fall to her emotional manipulation, what she did is very wrong and you should feel really betrayed. But don't whine or be a bitch, just dump her cold. She thinks she can get some dick on the side and keep you anyway. You need to man up the right way and make her sorry for this.

>>17452197
This too.
>>
>>17452219
>>17452197
>>17452177
I definitely get what you all are saying, but I do doubt that this guy would have sex with her, because he has a hotter gf desu.

I'm just more offended at the idea of her going on a date with him
>>
>>17452224
BINGO!
>>
>>17452224
So the only thing stopping her of having sex with him is that guy? Is that your only hope? Sometimes it is hard to see the truth and we try to take it watered down or ignore it and rationalize to avoid our deepest fears. It's up to you now.
>>
>>17452224
Then here is what you do OP. Let her know that you trust her, but it just makes you very uncomfortable that she is doing this. If she cares about your feelings she will not pull this kind of shit anymore. If she continues to do this then you have to straight up tell her that you can't handle it and you want her to stop. If that doesn't work, then just leave man. I hope that she is considerate of your feelings. We are here for you Anon
>>
>>17452244
As an update, she said she's not going to dinner with him because it's too hot outside. So she's not going, but not for the right reason. We'll see if she takes how I feel into account in the future
>>
>>17452250
Is her room chily?
>>
File: IMG_20160624_173335.jpg (19KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_173335.jpg
19KB, 480x320px
>>17452256
>>
File: images-2.jpg (29KB, 467x315px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
29KB, 467x315px
>>17452269
Motherfucker, your gf probably said she cheated and you didn't get it.
>>
>>17452278
Yeah I understood the moment after I posted lol. Her brother is a bro tho and would tell me if she brought another guy over
>>
>>17452281
Then her friend must have an A/C.
>>
>>17452282
Yeah yeah yeah I get it. I'm going to be scrutinizing her activities much more closely now, I'm not just gonna roll over
>>
File: images-6.jpg (17KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
17KB, 512x288px
>>17452292
Good night and good luck.
>>
>>17452250
damn. she may not go on the picnic but she is going on a date with him but now she won't tell you

I see one of these situations posted everyday and astounded so many of you guys call someone your gf when they behave as if they were single and date other men. If the girl has no boundaries you cannot nor should you have to draw them for them
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.