[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I dropped a wooden chair on my foot a few days. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160811_151042.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_151042.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
So I dropped a wooden chair on my foot a few days. I've stubbed a nail before and originally thought nothing of it but as the day went on the pain became unbearable so I went to the doctor's. They unsuccessfully tried to burn &/ drill a hole through the nail to relieve the pressure of the built up blood (as you can see by the three marks). The line of purple blood beneath the nail on my toe is now bubbling and almost seems as if it could pop. It's grown in size and seems visibly darker and more sore then yesterday. Does 4chan think I should go back to the hospital or is this healing? I fear infection but I don't feel like putting up with the mediocre care at my local hospital. Thanks in advance
>>
File: IMG_20160811_151121.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_151121.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>17451445
>>
>>17451445
Is there a different hospital nearby?
>>
File: IMG_20160811_151032.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_151032.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>17451445
Excuse the grammatical errors yo. Thanks guys>>17451445
>>
>>17451450
There are a few urgent care facilities within my insurance network but they all want $50 co-pay for new patients and I don't have it. There is another better hospital but unfortunately they don't take my policy. So I'm conflicted with going back to the shitty hospital I've been to twice this past week. I'm also concerned they'll tell me it's fine and the blood is just "draining" or something...I honestly don't know why they didn't just remove it after failing to drain it
>>
>>17451445
The same thing happened to my thumb OP when it was slammed in a car door. Occasionally stick a needle under the nail to let excess blood flow out. You're going to lose the nail, and it's going to take a few months to grow back. Don't fear infection though. Just wear a few band-aids on it, and dress how you would normally.
>>
>>17451445
How do you even unsuccessfully make an hole in a nail? Are your nails made of adamantium?
>>
>>17451445
They drilled a hole in your foot and it still didn't work. You do not comprehend the laughter I have now.

I love the American health system.

My advise would have been just to let it heal by itself and the toenail would have probably fallen off. But with those holes in it can get infected now that it has an opening.

Should the toe nail fall, put hydrogen peroxide on it. It going to hurt but you need to disinfect it.

But I don't know, never stubbed a toe that bad. Good luck anon.
>>
you should've just let it be

i dropped a 20 foot bench on my toe, looked exactly like yours before they drilled a hole in it

you're going to lose the nail, it's going to take months to grow back. drilling a hole in it was completely unnecessary and honestly might have exposed it to infection that it otherwise wouldn't have had

you dun goofed
>>
In her teens my sister got hit in the thumb with a hockey puck and her nail/ thumb looked worse.

After what felt like hours in an empty A&E in England she had the hole made and it drained it, had to have a huge comical bandage over it.

I would personally go again. Wash with salt water to avoid infection.

Worst I had was opening fridge to have a heavy glass jar of Chicken tonight cooking sauce land squarely on my big toe, shattering it in the middle. Didn't go to docs/ hospital (don't know why thinking about it, I was screaming in pain and in agony for 24 hours with it affecting my foot for well over a week until I could almost walk normally)
>>
Been there, done that, seen it done a lot at my job, too.

If the needle didn't work, pressure under the nail isn't an issue. It'll fall off on its' own eventually, no biggie. Anti-inflammatory meds- anaprox, ibuprofen, whatever, for a few days, bandage it lightly to remind yourself not to hit it on shit, keep it clean, and muscle through it. Hopefully the worse of the discomfort is well past. If the color darkens, or you get redness further down your thumb into your hand, markedly increased sensitivity, or other signs of infection, head to the doc.
If you're going to obsess and worry about it, go to the doc again. Might not, probably won't help much, but at least you won't be panicking.
>>
>>17451445
You need that hole in it. My sister had the same thing happen, she said the relief after the bloodletting was immediate, and I saw a story online of a guy who didn't have it done. Stayed huge and painful for weeks. You'll lose the nail either way, but it'll hurt the whole time if you don't let the blood out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.