[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I literally can't confide in my girlfriend. Today I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (191KB, 500x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 500x831px
I literally can't confide in my girlfriend.

Today I found out my mom has cancer, my uncle died and I had to console fucking everyone

And my girlfriend does fuck all to make me smile. She just told me to go for a walk.

When I brought this up to her, it became a huge fucking squabble. It went on for two hours until she just sent me some memes to "make me smile" then went to bed.

Am I better off just being alone and making myself happy instead of expecting to have a shoulder to lean on in rough times?

I feel like trash. Sorry if this sounds beta as fuck it cringey. I don't mean it to be.
>>
>Am I better off just being alone and making myself happy instead of expecting to have a shoulder to lean on in rough times?
Yes. You are your own best friend and worst enemy. At times like these, sure, you could try to seek comfort through others but the real healing starts with you and yourself alone.

and you shouldn't expect others to make you feel better. At times like these, people that care will come to comfort you because they want to. You shouldn't expect your girlfriend to come to your rescue when shit goes down, but it says a lot about her.
>>
>>17449816
I know I shouldn't expect anything from anyone, but sometimes it'd be nice to have someone make you feel pretty good when stuff is rough.

Is there anything I should do about my girlfriend? Is this something that is a red flag (and why?)
>>
I don't think you should stay with your girlfriend. It's not beta or whiny to expect your partner to support you emotionally, what the fuck is this masculinity shit
>>
Doesn't sound like she is trying to hurt you, or doesn't care about you. Maybe she is just really really fucking stupid and doesn't understand death. I think you just have a low quality girlfriend, might be time for an upgrade.
>>
>>17449822
This is just me speaking but if I found out a family member died and my mom got cancer I would want some space. Some people are like that. Usually when my friends are bothered by something, I give them space. Unfortunately sometimes they take offense to this and I wouldn't know why because I thought I was just being considerate. So it could be your girlfriend's way of trying to be considerate as well. It's her way of giving you some space. Giving you time alone. I made the mistake of thinking most people thought like me but that was obviously not the case. If she's evidently shown before of being emotionally clumsy like this then I wouldn't see this as a red flag. If you still feel bothered by it just simply talk to her about it and make sure you let her know how hard it is to go through hurt like this alone, and ask her for her help. Don't blow up and get mad at her. That'll just make you look annoying and clingy.
>>
>>17449786
That's not what confide means. If your mother has cancer, your Uncle died, I guarantee it is no longer a secret. People talk.

>Mom has cancer
>she just sent me some memes to "make me smile" then went to bed

Is this a long distance relationship? Are you in middle school? Did she send you a rare pepe?

Anyone with a fully developed brain would console their boyfriend upon finding out their mother has cancer. When she said to go for a walk, she is giving you some space. Peace, resolution, coming to terms with your situation, all that has to come from within. You've got to sort that shit out, "squabbling" at her for 2 hours because she didn't offer to fly over and give you a blowjob doesn't help anything and makes you look bad.

She doesn't know how to react to this, I don't think she is mentally competent or prepared to, but that's hardly her fault. Finding out someone has cancer is a huge impact, she could still be figuring out her feelings. Don't blow up at her again. Do not apologize for how you cope. If she's apathetic or just stupid, I mean, she is what she is. It's not a red flag but you probably deserve each other.
>>
>>17449786
Don't make that big a deal out of it. But remember what she did if the tables are ever turned.

Treat people how you want to be treated, but if they don't, treat them how they treat you.
>>
>>17450400
What's the point in being in a relationship like this?

Sounds like this girl is emotionally stunted and cannot be relied on for emotional support. If that's not something you can deal with, dump her. That's not the sort of thing that gets better with time (unless you guys are teenagers, then it's a maybe).
>>
Yeah, if all she did was send me memes after my mom got cancer. and my uncle died, I'd drop her.

Sounds like she is either 14, or really emotionally retarded, and not sympathetic at all, which is a bad sign.

I'm all for being able to rely on yourself to get through tough times, but I've always believed that if you have a partner, they should at least make an effort to try and help you through the rough shit.
>>
Yo your girlfriend can get fucked

What an obnoxious cunt
>>
>>17449786
Maybe she hasn't had such an experience and doesn't know how to act.
Just give yourself and her some time.
There's no way how she could understand what you feel completely and she's probably just trying to not let you fall into a deeper sadness.

In some ways it's better to be alone and deal with your problems but if i wouldn't have to meet with my best friend tomorrow i would probably kill myself.
So i think it's always good to have a shoulder to cry on while having the possibility to have a moment alone.
>>
>>17449786
be thankful you found out she's completely heartless before you got too far. cut her off completely.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.