[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I moved into a studio apartment recently and my friends and family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 512x288px
I moved into a studio apartment recently and my friends and family are trying to pressure me into hosting a housewarming. How do nicely I tell them that I'll be happy to show them around the suburb and meet up for lunch or dinner at one of the local restaurants but I don't want them over because my place is my "me time" space?
>>
Just roll up your anime wallscrolls and show them around for like 7 minutes, then do dinner elsewhere.
>>
>>17449605
You don't. You suck it up and show them your studio. Offer them sodas or coffee and then go out for lunch.
>>
I had this same problem. My friends can't seem to grasp the concept that I don't won't them in my home because I won't feel as relaxed. I just tell them when I'm home I don't want to be bothered because sometimes I need to chill alone. Don't like it? Get over it. They finally stopped asking once they saw I wouldn't budge
>>
>>17449609
This.

It's probably the easiest option.
>>
>>17449605
You look them in the face and tell them " I moved out so that I don't have to have people in my house, but if you want to get some food nearby and hang out I am down." The hardest part about moving on and growing up is learning to tell people exactly what you want, once you learn how to do that you will notice good friends become better and a sense of respect for you grow. Showing others that you have a clear sense of want or desired goals will not make them dislike you.
>>
>>17449605

Blatant honesty engenders hurt feelings that last long after the slight.

You do realize you get stuff at a housewarming, right? They bring you gifts.

It's also a way to scope out whether or not you can host out of town relatives, how well you're doing (your possessions) and a much better view into your personality. I'd never let a casual co-worker into my home.

Play the delay game. The next thing you know it's a year later and everyone has forgotten about it.

You could just do the flat-out honesty trick of saying its so small and loud and nasty that you're ashamed of it. Please, ask again when I can afford a real place. Everyone can understand that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.