[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a perfectionist is draining as hell. >play video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: confused.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Being a perfectionist is draining as hell.
>play video games
>complete game before moving to next, min/maxing and calculating stats for effective grinding
>analysing and contrasting game design choices (im a hobby game developer)

>art (digital and visual)
>stressful trying to improve myself and create a work im happy with

>programming/web design
>needs to be well structured logic and architecturally

>recently got in to watching anime
>want to put effort in to myanimelist ratings and perhaps further later

Watching anime was my latest attempt at finding something I can just do offhand and not worry about enjoying myself, but that's not looking like it's going to work. Trying to enjoy myself is very tiring for me and I don't really know what to do anymore. Can you help me /adv/?
>>
Go do something useful aka not videogames or anime faggot

Go work out
>>
>>17449065
I used to work out but I started to hurt in my joints. I read up on how to do it properly beforehand, so I figured I needed a trainer for a little bit and fuck that. Not to mention I don't even like doing it.

I suppose I could go for a quick walk, though. I used to do a lot of things that weren't video games or anime, but I never enjoyed any of it. I just got out of a relationship so that shows something I guess, and am moving continents too so it's not that I'm not making myself busy or something.
>>
Can't you just be a perfectionist in more important matters?

I am a massive weeb and a perfectionist to the point where I learnt Japanese to fluency, moved to Japan permanently and mostly cut off links to my old country, but it bothers me how other otaku obsess over their (aeshtetically-oriented) hobbies to the point of neglecting their appearance/personality/career.

tl;dr I am an otaku too but my perfectionism is directed towards my own flaws as a person.
>>
>programming/web design
>needs to be well structured logic and architecturally

This comes naturally with experience.

>recently got in to watching anime
>want to put effort in to myanimelist ratings and perhaps further later

Real (Japanese) otaku people don't use myanimelist or anything else. You don't need to.
>>
>>17449143
I stopped caring about my own flaws and decided to embrace them. The flaws are a part of who I am, and trying to push them aside is distancing you from yourself. That's my opinion.

My main focus in my life is my career, which is going very well and I could not ask for much better than what it is. My personality is what it is and have cared about my appearance, just not lately.

>>17449149
I guess you're right but it's not my ability that I'm concerned with, I just want to enjoy doing it instead of worrying about performance and modularity and other quality attributes.

I don't use MAL for anybody but myself and I don't associate myself as an otaku or anything. I just do what I want to do, not to sound edgy or anything.
>>
>>17449042
You aren't a perfectionist, you are an autistic weeb.
>>
>>17449179
Okay. What can I do?
>>
>>17449173
Personality and actions seem pretty fluid to me.

I have no ego or attachment to myself. I think I'm going to end up a plastic surgery addict.
>>
>>17449252
I agree, and I don't either. I've been doing what I feel like doing and that has varied a lot this year.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.