[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /adv/. I'm in a weird place right now. I have a few friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: bobby.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
bobby.gif
1MB, 280x210px
hi /adv/. I'm in a weird place right now. I have a few friends that constantly talk about suicide and wanting to commit it, one of which is someone whom I have feelings for. Their reasons for suicide are pretty naive, and seem pretty fucking dumb, and I don't know if I can help. What should I do?
>>
Life is too fucking short to kill yourself. Nothing literally nothing is forever. Better to enjoy yourself now and not waste your time here.
>>
>>17448734
Let them do what they need to do. You can't help them. Life isn't special at all.

>Life is too fucking short to kill yourself.

No it isn't, fuck off with that cliche garbage.
>>
If they're busy talking, they're not busy doing.

Here's some hard numbers- men make up the majority of suicides, but women make 6x more suicide 'attempts' compared to men.
If your friends are busy talking, they're not busy doing.

You are neither a mature mental health professional or blood family to these mopes, nor are you responsible for their actions or inactions.
What you should be doing perhaps is not enabling them. Listen, sympathize, don't let them repeat themselves, and suggest that they talk to a professional. Discourage their use of you as an emotional tampon- it's bad for you AND them.
Suicide is the ultimate selfish, cowardly act, and it absolutely destroys the people who care about a person who offs themselves. They end up hating or resenting the person who died, and spend forever trying to forget them, and feel ashamed for it.

I'd suggest that ou say something like that to your friends- let them know that you both pity them and are ashamed for them for being so self-indulgent...

BUT, op, this is based on your friends being depressive, self-involved emotional assholes- if your friends are seeking help, trying to make themselves better, it's an entirely different story.

There's a subset of shamed and shameful teens and young people who seek attention through being pitiable human beings. Those are the people I am ashamed of and have no time for. For the unfortunate souls who truly try and fail to help themselves, (and these people will NOT be trying to keep your attention with their troubles constantly, which makes them hard to identify) all you can do is be sympathetic and repeatedly tell them to seek out professional assistance and not to quit.
>>
File: dick_2.jpg (58KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
dick_2.jpg
58KB, 432x432px
Shit, forgot- OP- DO NOT STICK YOUR DICK IN CRAZY.

Girl with suicidal ideations = OP needs to get the hell out. DO NOT GIVE HER THE DICK OP. NOTHING GOOD SHALL COME OF THIS.
>>
Bob knows what's up. They are attention seekers op.
>>
>>17448787
>>17448792
thanks, this really helped me open my eyes a little
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.