[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on being a good shot? Id post on /k/ but i would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: sniper-male-training.jpg (62KB, 468x321px) Image search: [Google]
sniper-male-training.jpg
62KB, 468x321px
Any tips on being a good shot? Id post on /k/ but i would probably get memed on
>>
1.point
2.shoot

it helps using your dominant eye to point the rifle. theres also things on the top of the barrel called sights to help you point it.
>>
File: PistolChartR1t.jpg (32KB, 336x435px) Image search: [Google]
PistolChartR1t.jpg
32KB, 336x435px
google "pistol correction chart targets." if you're using a rifle and not a pistol then I guess you'd google "rifle correction chart targets."

>download
>print out
>take to range
>shoot
>follow instructions on the part of the paper with the most bullet holes in it
>>
>>17448254
I worded that last bit wrong, what I mean is
>stop doing whatever it says on the part of the paper with the most bullet holes in it
>>
>>17448187
Fire a test shot and observe where it goes. Compensate.
>>
>>17448187

some techniques are same and some are different for handgun and rifle

both:
1)surprise trigger break. apply slowly increasing pressure on trigger. you should not know when it is going to actually fire. practice dry firing over and over and over. the muzzle of the weapon shouldn't move at all during trigger break. keep your eye on the front sight during dry fire practice.

2) trap the trigger to the rear. after you've pulled the trigger, it has broke, it moves rearward. hold it back there; do not let it come forward.

now, slowly release your finger until you hear/feel the trigger "reset". your next trigger pull starts from this position

3) compress the amount of time required to get a surprise-break on the trigger. When you start off, it will take you 5 seconds to pull the trigger slowly enough to truly be surprised. You want to practice speeding this up so that you can actually take a shot with proper trigger control in a reasonable amount of time

rifle;
4) your trigger pull should happen at the bottom of your breathing stroke - when you have completely exhaled, but not inhaled yet

5) in the prone position, learn how to reposition your entire body so that you maintain natural point of aim, with your eyes closed. don't move the rifle; move your body.

If you are interested in rifle marksmanship, attend an Appleseed shooting event.

If handgun, attend something like FrontSight 4 day pistol class.
>>
>>17448295
>>17448295
>>17448295

This.

Being a good shot isnt about lining up your sight with the target, the sight is accurate but really just to guide you.

Being a good shot is recognizing where the bullets are actually hitting, then adjusting your aim accordingly.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.