[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop my girlfriend from being so depressed. I dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: perfectly-looped-gifs-dynamite.gif (233KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
perfectly-looped-gifs-dynamite.gif
233KB, 500x299px
How do i stop my girlfriend from being so depressed.

I dont want her to kill herself and my dumbass self not know what to do.
>>
Support her, remind her when she's in a slump that things feel terrible right now but it's not going to be like that forever. Get her professional help.
>>
>>17448176
meditate
>>
File: purcellcode.jpg (637KB, 2990x1520px) Image search: [Google]
purcellcode.jpg
637KB, 2990x1520px
>>17448183
this is what i do and when i get more money soon i will take her to one, but i cant now since im broke as hell.
i know she said shes had treatment when she was younger like 16, 8 years ago, idk if it ever helped her.
>>
>>17448193
Treatment does help. It definitely helps, but it takes work to make it help. You need to make sure you're seeing the correct psychologist/psychiatrist, someone you can be open and honest with. You need to find the right medication.

And when you finally do get medication, it's hard to realize that it's helping. To the depressed person, a good medication feels like there's no change to your self. It raises the baseline and makes you more emotionally stable but brains are funny and make it feel like it's always been that way and like medication never helped. You often need an outside opinion to remind you that it's working.

If you can't get her help yet, there's other things you can try. Depression is made worse by lack of sunlight, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, lack of a social life, poor hygiene, and poor diet. Mind depression can often be cured with these things, and severe depression may not be cured but will at least be helped by fixing these.
>>
>>17448200
thanks a lot anon. this clears many things up because she basically has lacked all of this since we moved out of my parents pad couple years ago. we've been living like zombies. work and go home.
>>
her mental health is - although this may seem a little bit selfish - not your concern. Sure, as her boyfriend its kind of your responsibility to make her happy, but to base the relationship around stopping her from being depressed will very likely kill it.

Tell her to go see a professional. Other than that, be the best boyfriend you could ever be. But dont be her therapist.
>>
>>17448200
*Mild

I also forgot to add personal fulfillment to the list of things that people need.
>>
Let her kill herself and move on
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.