[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday I told my best (female) friend I'm starting to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cat-out-of-the-bag.png (33KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
cat-out-of-the-bag.png
33KB, 300x250px
Yesterday I told my best (female) friend I'm starting to fall in love with her. I didn't want a relationship, she's not looking for anything either. So I didn't really want to develop all sorts of gooey feelings but what can you do..

I'm worried I damaged our relationship, but I didn't want to lie to her and get sucked up in all sorts of negative feelings by pretending.

So here I am, mentally preparing for heartbreak.

Is it possible to ever be just friends again or will it forever be awkward mixed signals and reading into things when you should just take em at face value.

Thinking I fucked up pretty bad.
>>
>Yesterday I told my best (female) friend I'm starting to fall in love with her.
And yet:
>I didn't want a relationship

Dumb liar. Learn to be honest with yourself or spend the rest of your days slave to internal drives you don't even understand.
>>
You did the right thing.
>>
>>17447026
He quite obviously fucked up. Best case scenario this primes their dynamic for a relationship down the line, worst case scenario it alters their interactions in a way OP has little if any control over.

Either way, he should just continue on and not make a big deal of it. Doesn't even matter, he's got his own shit to do and shouldn't make it seem otherwise.
>>
>>17447016
Thanks for misunderstanding.

Two months ago she couldve blindsided me completely if she had felt like that.
One month ago I think I wouldve been flattered but unsure what to do.
And now, I guess the door is all the way open. Guess it is a dumb cliche but 'accidentally in love' is what I feel like. It's a nice feeling (as love tends to be), but it really complicates a part of my life that's been smooth and comfortable.
>>
>but it really complicates a part of my life that's been smooth and comfortable.
Because you don't have the agency to decide to keep things to yourself and manage your own internal world.

Again, "I don't want a relationship" is not compatible with "but I ran off and told her I'm starting to fall in love with her, as though it's relevant to her life at all and as though there's shit she can do about it."

If you were worried you'd subtlely let on, again,you should just learn to control yourself. If you didn't want to feel love, you can get rid of it. Don't let anyone bullshit you otherwise.
>>
>>17447006
>Is it possible to ever be just friends again or will it forever be awkward mixed signals and reading into things when you should just take em at face value.
If you're really only just starting to have feelings, and are actively trying to avoid going gooey, then yes, things can be repaired.

So many people wait far too long, whipping themselves into a frenzy of deep emotional investment, before telling their friends how they feel, and at that point, the possibilities of repair drop to near zero. But you did it properly, when the feelings were just starting to develop. That's what gives you the better chance.
>>
>>17447041
I know it's not really fair to also make it her problem but I think it's a worse idea to bottle those feelings up until they turn into a negative ball of self-loathing.

Doesn't stop me from feeling anxious and secondguessing my timing. But is there ever a good time?
>>
>>17447061
It's more about the way and context, than the time. And like I said, you can get rid of love, and this doesn't imply bottling. You just nullify it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.