[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /adv/'s thoughts on online dating? It sounds so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1445120685260.jpg (183KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1445120685260.jpg
183KB, 1920x1040px
What are /adv/'s thoughts on online dating? It sounds so fucked up to me, I don't know

Stories appreciated
>>
Why does it sound fucked up ?
>>
>>17446038
As in specifically meeting people on online dating websites? Or just meeting people off the net in general?
>>
I can work, but doesn't for the majority.
>>
>>17446071
meeting people on online dating websites
>>
>>17446075
this is for any relationship dude.
>>
I almost made it work but fucked it up. But the chance is still there.

At any rate, online dating (tinder, match, etc.) works better than sitting in the basement doing nothing, which is what my social life consists of otherwise. I consider it good practice since I never dated in school.
>>
File: 1375763391060.jpg (26KB, 542x400px) Image search: [Google]
1375763391060.jpg
26KB, 542x400px
>>17446038

Online dating, much like regular dating, is full of terrible people.

The upside is you gain exposure to people you wouldn't typically interact with and they're all voluntarily there under the pretense of looking for a romantic connection.

The downside is it impersonalizes the dating experience a bit and makes some people less empathetic and more judgmental; meaning that people will do and say things on the internet that they wouldn't to your face.

I've had terrible real dates. I've had terrible online dates. I've had great real dates. I've had great online dates. Its no more fucked up than any other way of meeting women, just fucked up in its own unique way.

Honestly, I kind of don't mind the "buffet style" approach to dating because I'd rather some girl be straight up and left swipe my ass if she's not into me then smile and be friendly to my face in real life just because she doesn't have the balls to tell me she isn't interested.

The rejection is a little more direct online and personally, I kind of like it better that way. It saves both her and I a lot of time.
>>
>>17446081
OP didn't ask about all relationships, they asked about online dating.
>>
I got into a perfectly normal relationship with a decent girl from OkCupid.

It went well until I realized I was in love with someone else and dumped her. But she was 4chan's dream girl.

Anyways, worth trying, but it's hard to find the right person.
>>
I went on a date with a girl I met off POF last Friday

Was pretty cool in text, meet up to get a drink

Was pretty insufferable in person, took 'skinny selfies' hiding her double chin

Showed up and was just all around uninteresting

>Worst date I've ever been on
>>
>>17446038
Literally made a thread on this yesterday. I feel like online dating takes more effort and more competitive. When you see a cute girl IRL, there are only so many people trying to hit on her at once. Online however, there are wayy more and the rapport between you two will not be as good as in person.

Basically regular gender norms are exaggerated like crazy and women are way more picky. There's a lot less room to "wow" a girl with how ballsy you are online than in real life.
>>
>>17447124
Also, when you approach in real life, even if you get rejected (as long as the rejection isn't brutal), it feels kind of good. Having the balls to do it feels good. It's real experience. It's not like that online.
>>
I have the kind of job where it's a bad idea to spread pictures of myself on the internet so I don't use online dating.
Honestly it's all about your picture. Pass fail test about how you look before they're interested in anything else. Honestly dating sites are either going to turn into tinder or just fail basically they only exist with tinder around because of the negative connotations some girls don't want to have associated with their behavior.
If I were in a different line of work, I'd probably give online dating another shot since there is really no down side to maybe getting a date or finding out everyone around you thinks your such a piece of shit you might as well move because they want nothing to do with you. Which was my take away from online dating a few years ago, fuck the area and everybody in it, nobodies interested.
Things might of changed but I really can't see myself even wanting to settle with someone from here anymore.
>>
File: Bored.gif (357KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
Bored.gif
357KB, 263x239px
>>17446038

In this day and age where everybody is on their fucking cellphones; it's kinda required to meet new people since no one has any IRL social skills anymore.

Meet some grillz.
Make them laugh, share some interests.
Meet for coffee, then a movie, then sex.

Bobs your uncle, m8.
>>
>>17447168
Alright you've got me interested, are you a LEO?
>>
>>17447180
i sell dildos and dildo accessories
real cutthroat business, your ass is always on the line if you know what i mean
>>
Word of advice, don't date out of state. I mean you can make the claim that the two of you can handle it and visit regularly but unless one of you is willing to drop everything and move to the other and not become a financial burden on them, then it isn't worth it. I'm struggling right now because the girl I'm with is too clingy and gets very emotional knowing that she won't be able to see me regularly because of school. Just try and talk to them and make the effort to meet them in person because people online can be vastly different than what they are in real life. Both physically and mainly, mentally.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.