[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know the point of my life is to suffer so that others can do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

I know the point of my life is to suffer so that others can do well. I have no self worth and I don't have any right to be alive when so many good people die.

I hate that this is reality, how can I better come to terms with the fact that I am a loser and will always be one?
>>
File: 1447035057462.jpg (17KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1447035057462.jpg
17KB, 429x399px
>I know the point of my life is to suffer
Change this philosophy and your life will improve tenfold.
>>
>>17445448
Think about it this way, there are billions of people in the world, there can't be a place for everyone. Some people have to be nothing so that others can be something.
>>
>>17445453

you live in a comfy enough place with a roof over your head, more food than you shoudl be allowed to eat, and an internet connection that lets you shit post on a okinawan boi pucci rating pictograph forum.

all those kids in africa and china and god knows where else are suffering so that you can enjoy your life.

and yet many of them still manage to enjoy their life of lice and mosquitos and sleeping in piles on each other.

stop acting like the universe is purposely conspiring against you so others can casually date.
>>
>>17445466
Because 1st world inhabitants have nothing to worry about and nothing to depress them. Well fuck me for being selfish and being depressed when other god damn people have it worse.
>>
>>17445328
>I know the point of my life is to suffer so that others can do well. I have no self worth and I don't have any right to be alive when so many good people die.
>I hate that this is reality, how can I better come to terms with the fact that I am a loser and will always be one?

The burden of proof in debate is on the person making the assertion. You have not substantiated your asserted conclusions with evidence or logic.

If you cannot support your nonsense, how DARE you believe it?

>>17445448
This! Gloriously this!

Philosophy isn't some boring academic subject. It's taught as such because Americuck education sucks. That's why people should learn on their own to find a personal philosophy (need not be a cookie-cutter version proffered by others) which works well for them.
>>
>>17445484

>The burden of proof in debate is on the person making the assertion. You have not substantiated your asserted conclusions with evidence or logic.

>If you cannot support your nonsense, how DARE you believe it?

lol shut up faggot. A slave's purpose in life is to make his master's life better, at the slave's expense.
>>
>>17445478

>implying.

i never said you couldnt be sad or even depressed. i think all emotions should be explored on every level. even the richest man can be sad. we all have our struggles ,our crosses to bare.

however, you are insisting that the universe has conspired to make your life miserable. if the universe was so smart, it'd simply make it so you werent born, as its not like you are some cog in the machine that makes others happy. you exist pretty much in a box.

you have the potential to be happy. you have all the resources you need to live a generally happy life.

you are choosing to be miserable and claiming the universe has it out for you. that you were so important to be born but so unimportant that you cant interfere with the lives of normies.

you are a joke, but no one is laughing.

its okay to be sad. its not okay to say the universe was essentially built around your particular sadness.
>>
>>17445466
>you can't be miserable because the starving Africans!!
By that same logic, anon's not allowed to be happy because someone in Switzerland is the happiest fair alive.

Pain isn't a pissing contest. Although it is good to have some perspective.
>>
>>17445510

>you cant be miserable because the starving africans

i never said that. on the contrary, i literally said you can feel sadness at the highest level.

my argument is this:
>there is no higher power who doomed you to a life of suffering
>ergo, you can work at being (GENEARLLY) happy

if you have a way to debunk this that isnt
>OH SO IM NOT ALLOWED TO BE SAD?
be my guest.
>>
>>17445499
its not okay to say the universe was essentially built around your particular sadness.

It is especially not OK because it implies OP sadness is somehow important. Importance is an imaginary ranking construct. It doesn't exist in nature.

OP is being vain and delusional. He is not trying to learn anything.
>>
>>17445525

well yeah, kinda my point. might seem useless to argue with him, but you occasionally break through to someone. and if you dont, you can always walk away hoping that you put a few pennies in his rainy day jar of human growth.
>>
>>17445516
>>17445525

I am glad you took Philosophy 101 and donned your fedora, and to give you a little bit of credit - a lot of people do think they are unlucky, cursed, etc.

But, there are also practical circumstances that can cause situations like the one OP described.
>>
>>17445538

>philosophy 101

this isn't even about philosophy mate.

people in all walks of life find the ability to be happy. ergo, anyone can be happy, and OPs head and shoulders above a lot of the shit in the world.

if you want to insist its perfectly fine to insist that he is doomed to suffer, go ahead and wallow with him.

but my point always was and will be that you CAN work towards a happy life. OP is not even acknowledging that a happy life is possible. this isnt about philosophy, its about not being retarded.
>>
>>17445546

What's your argument, specifically?

1. That happiness is about attitude?
2. That anyone can improve their circumstances? (If this, you need to specify what you consider acceptable circumstances)
3. Some combination of the above.
4. ???

>if you want to insist its perfectly fine to insist that he is doomed to suffer, go ahead and wallow with him.

Isn't it cruel to insist that everyone can be happy, to people who can't? At that point not only are they unhappy, but they are AT FAULT for not being happy. Consider this.
>>
>>17445558

that if you have the basic resources for a good life, you can work at being happy. not saying he wil lachieve happiness, but OP is insisting there is no way to be happy.

if he'd talked about how he lost his legs or is now blind or what have you i might be inclined to agree, but hes done no such thing, simply claimed he was born to suffer because that somehow makes others lives better.

>isnt it cruel to insist that everyone can be happy

not saying everyone can, but when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you can. it doesnt matter if its not as shiny as someone elses spoon.

the problem here is that you / OP have not come out and say WHY it is literally impossible to achieve happiness. what about their life is actually suffering, and how that ensures others dont suffer.

but your argument is
>HE IS SUFFERING THEREFORE YOU HAVE TO AGREE THAT HE CANT GET BETTER

thats not what /adv/ is about. its not what he asked, sure, but /adv/ often isnt about what a person wants, but rather what they need.
>>
>>17445558

The fallacy is that people can improve their situations, for many it's impossible. For some to be successful, others must fail. In a race, someone must lose for another to win. Am I advocating communism or something like that? Fuck no. No matter what, some people are fucked.

This is OP by the way.

I was born poor, popcorn for dinner poor. I just got out of the hospital for exhaustion because I have been working 2 full time jobs and 1 part time job in order to get job skills so I wouldn't have to be anymore. I have tried to make my life better, but I get to a point and something knocks me back everytime. I have been working multiple jobs off and on for the past 10 years, each time ending up in the hospital ending it. If hard work made you successful, where is mine?

Not everyone can be successful, no matter how hard they try, no matter how hard they work. Only some people can be, others have to fail.

This is reality.
>>
>>17445585

> OP have not come out and say WHY it is literally impossible to achieve happiness

I agree with this part.

>you

I am not postulating that *I* can't be happy.

That's all that's relevant here.
>>
>>17445606

tell me your country, tell me your two jobs, what you are getting skills for, and what these hospitalizations have all been. all exhaustion?

describe them for me.

success =/= happiness though. low wage =/= suffering
>>
>>17445606

I am not disagreeing with you.

On the other hand, you could try to list your problems in detail to see if your situation is really as hopeless as you feel it is.

For example, I don't believe anyone who says this:

>I have been working 2 full time jobs and 1 part time job in order to get job skills so I wouldn't have to be anymore

It's a great way to completely destroy your health, and you can survive on 1 job with a side job on the weekend, even at min wage.
>>
>>17445621
United States

I've been doing labor jobs. Running machines, also doing other things on the side so I am not on the factory floor until I kill myself.

Each time has been connected to exhaustion, often times passing out on the job or behind the wheel.

Basically i've been padding my resume to ensure I can subsist on 1 high wage job. I just want to be comfortable, have my own home and my bills paid. I won't ever be a millionaire, so that is success to me.

I am really good with computers and used to be a PC gamer. I wish I could find a good job working with them.
>>
>>17445606
If you work to exhaustion your approach to work is incorrect. You are choosing to fail by self-abuse then blaming the universe.

You should post useful DETAILS because generalities are useless.

What one man can do, another can do. What one man does, another can copy. Chickens learn to scratch for food by example.

If you are doing shit wrong, it's because you are hard headed about doing it YOUR way which you also deliberately structure to fail.
>>
>>17445638
Like I said, I am building up job experience. The reason being, the more experience the more likely you are to get a good job, right?
>>
>>17445633

alright, and you've had a few setbacks, but you think that means its game over?

one thing i whole heartedly believe in is that a little suffering now can go a long way later. but from what i can tell, you're suffering in the wrong way.

we are expected to over work in our youth, and you've taken that concept to heart, but you dont need to two jobs and an educating one.

try cutting back to one job and instead downsizing the way you live. share a room if oyu have to.

you spend barely any time at home anyway, yeah, so focus on one job, and one educaiton/skill thingie, while sharing a room with two or more people. it sucks but it will more likely generate the results you want, as opposed to now which has pushed you to give up.

suffer at home now and you can have a better life late.r

but what you describe now are simply setbacks. you have decided that if its hard, you must give up. even television and movies dont have it as easy as you think it should be. in every story there are challenges, there are setbacks. the point of these stories is to try again, and over come, either by being stronger or smarter.

you're losing the battle of strength ,so go smart. downsize for now to have a better focus on education.

thats the best i can do without more details.
>>
>>17445659

not necessarilly. you are doing labor, so having two labor jobs doesnt make someone say 'wow ur perfect for this job' even if its a labor job.

my thing is, if you have had years of two different labor jobs, then its on your resume, its padded, go down to one and focus on finding a better job in general.

what wages are you currently making at these jobs? what city / state do you live in?
>>
>itt: people under 24
>>
>>17445638
>I've been doing labor jobs. Running machines, also doing other things on the side so I am not on the factory floor until I kill myself.

What does "running machines" fucking mean?

What PRECISELY do you do? Words mean things. Say it and stop being an asshole.

You sound like a "passenger" employee looking for someone to tell you what to do. How about learning a skilled trade for starters? The US is full of affordable education. I've worked at and attended community college for fun (I'm retired) and know what's available.

A trade can make money and then you can get more schooling.

Computers and gaming are fucking off. However the ability to build, troubleshoot, network, reload etc is VERY useful for a small business who pay out the ass for others to do what you many consider basic tasks. I barter my PC skills for machine shop and welding shop favors. It's worked great for many years. I've used them on the job and also do free reloads etc for select co-workers and bosses. (Blue bar time ain't shit.)
>>
>>17445671

I can be comfortable on 12-$13 an hour for a 40 hour week. I live in michigan, southern michigan to be exact. I can work in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio simply because of the proximity, and I have. I've gone to work in the morning in Ohio, then gone to Indiana in the afternoon, and work in michigan on the weekends.
>>
>>17445685

>my narrow world view disagrees with you
>SO YOU MUST BE YOUNGER THAN ME

spoken like a true 24 year old.
>>
>>17445690

how much do you make now? lets dissect this further. tell us everything.

but the most important thing here is you have to acknowledge whether or not you truly believe you are 'meant' to suffer.

do you believe you could be happy anon?
>>
>>17445688
I can build, troubleshoot, design networks and all that. I just got laid off from a seasonal job a few months ago where I did that aside from running saws, CNC machines, presses, welding as well as doing inventory and shipping/receiving duties.
>>
>>17445697
>>17445697
Currently nothing. I am on unemployment...well trying to get on it. One of my former employers are not telling the unemployment agency what I made with them so it's preventing me from getting unemployment benefits
>>
>>17445713

you are ignoring all the important points, answering single questions, and then just waiting for us to respond, so why should we?

you cant even acknowledge that you will work at being happy, so im done.

good luck OP, im sure the universe will reward you greatly for handling all the suffering for everyone else. ur such a martyr ;'(
>>
>>17445719
It feels like I have to suffer for something I did wrong. Like I wronged someone and I am constantly paying for it, or if it's greedy to want I want. That is how I feel...and this impacts my happiness. I know if I can get past that things can be ok, but it's really difficult for it to leave my mind that everything wrong that is happening is because I wronged someone, did something horrible or was just being greedy.
>>
>>17445713
>One of my former employers are not telling the unemployment agency what I made with them so it's preventing me from getting unemployment benefits

Do you have PROOF they are bullshitting? Transaction records? File a complaint with your state labor board or equivalent.

You don't have to wait on them. I'd be a professional asshole until I got my money. Be the ideal nice customer at the unemployment office and find out how to file a complaint against your former employer.

If you weld, can you weld well enough to pass a bend or x-ray test? If you are at least decent, look into welding programs.

Another option if your MVR is clean is truck driver, and that CDL is HIGHLY desired in other jobs.

>you are ignoring all the important points, answering single questions, and then just waiting for us to respond, so why should we?

This. Stop doing that. It's stupid and you know it's stupid. When you know something is stupid, don't do that thing.
>>
>>17445725
No, you're just a self-pitying asshole and you LIKE being that way.

You prefer feels to thoughts. I suggest suicide. You won't suffer any more, and your kind never get better. Never.
>>
>>17445745
I have forms from the Unemployment Agency that states they reported zero earnings for me from the months of January till the end of March. I am working on legally handing their heads to them. There are ways around employers reporting income, I just gotta find my last check stub.

I can weld, but not certified. Most of what I know is from personal experience. When I do have time off, I am always looking for new skills to learn, but I have been welding professionally off and on for the past 5 years.

My driving record isn't the best, I've had some accidents as a result of exhaustion.
>>
File: Keep Calm.png (79KB, 1200x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Keep Calm.png
79KB, 1200x1400px
OP here, as soon as I can get on unemployment, I'll take as much time as I can off to clear my head and try to figure something out. Maybe learn some new things and put together a solid resume. Fuck, why not get a government job. This would be the first "vacation" I've had in years aside from the usual holiday.

If anything, I can "fake it till it comes naturally"

I acknowledge I am holding myself back. My actions are holding me back. My emotions are holding me back. it's no ones fault but my own. Time to correct it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.