[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf of 6 years says she wants to start a family. I was physically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (50KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 380x253px
Gf of 6 years says she wants to start a family. I was physically abused as a child by my absolutely controlling mom. I didn't even have a dad. I have no clue what being a good parent means. What do I do?
>>
>>17444766
Its simple, you kill the Batman
>>
>>17444766
> 6 years

I shall assume she knows all of that. If she doesn't, you're a terrible boyfriend.
If she does what has she got to say about it? Why would she want a family if she didn't think you could make a good father?

Women look instinctively for potential goor partners, if she looks for one rationally as well and she picked you then there must be a reason.
>>
Get married and wait a few years to have kids. If the marriage is good, then decide to add children to the mix.
>>
>What do I do?

Ask 4chan, which is full of people like you.
>>
>>17444766

its easier to learn from mistakes, even if they are someone elses. all you know is not to be abusive and not to be controlling and to actually be there.

the rest you figure out on the way. as a kid most of us thought that our parents were perfect wise infalliable beings. im 6 years older than my parents were when they had their FIRST child, and i could not imagine doing it.

to be honest if you keep them fed, give them advice, and keep them on the right path education wise, there isnt much else you can do. three kids can come out with the same upbringing but entirely different personalities, goals, aspirations, abilities, and defects. people seem to have some intrinsic 'self'.

if you arent ready, say so. say you might never be ready. but if you really do want kids on some level, be open to it.
>>
>>17445022
How the fuck is getting married any different than loving together already?
>>
>>17445029
*living
>>
>>17444766
There are a lot of books on parenting. Some good, some bad, but the point is there are good books on parenting out there. Also best parenting is "good enough parenting" where you are loving and guiding but don't smother your children with too much control. If you want to be good parent, you are already LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of my parents, so there's that.

>>17444786
>why would she do that, why would she do this?
Because women are human too and young humans tend to be NOT all-knowing creatures? She might be just some normal, pretty lost in the grand scheme of things girl.

>Women look instinctively for potential goor partners
Huh, I guess most women have shitty instincts, looking at how many single mothers and bad marriages are there...
>>
>>17445029
It just is. You'll figure that out if you get married.
>>
>>17445029
It's different because suddenly you are tied to the other person in so many ways. You can't just break up and leave because you own things together. You have to work together for common goals even if you are arguing. You have to make real, life altering decisions TOGETHER. And being married just means more. You can go out and get a new gf every day if you want.
>>
A bad family system growing up doesn't necessarily define the rest of your life. Just because you didn't have the best role models as parents it doesn't mean you won't be a great one. If anything, you'll be a better parent for making sure your kids never experience what you did. Theres no such thing as the perfect parent and it doesn't come with a manual - you just figure that shit out as you go along.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.