[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"All you need to do is listen anon" Parents: "you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (29KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 240x240px
"All you need to do is listen anon"

Parents: "you're talented if you just listened to your parents you would go so far"

Sports coaches: "anon you've got a gift, just listen to us and follow our directions and you'll be golden"

What the fuck? If I'm so talented and smart and gifted I wouldn't need you to tell me each and every step of what I need to do? Why can't I be smart and know what to do? Why do people patronize me with this "you've got it in you I know you do" pseudo-motivational bullshit?

If I have no ability to make the smart and right choices in my life, maybe I should just give up trying to succeed in my goals.

Now I want to hurt people and make them pay for patronizing me and leading me on. A simple "you suck and you're no good at this anon, try something else" would've sufficed. But nooo. Manipulate 10 year old me into "believing in myself". Manipulate 20 year old me into "you're bright just apply yourself" manipulate 24 year old me into "keep at it, you have what it takes"

Fuck you. There's only winners and losers in life. Winners bask in glory and fuck the prom queen while losers delude themseves into a life of mediocrity. Jesus Christ humanity, society and consciousness was all just a giant evolutionary fart- this is just a spiral of fucking madness.
>>
You sound 16.
>>
>>17443917

Gee thanks for the shitpost
>>
This is not your blog, edgy teenager.
Go grab attention on tumblr.
>>
>listen to people who have experience to potentially help you avoid pitfalls, refine techniques, or learn new skills you need training to master
>LOL NAw fuck that I'm so smart I do what I want
>>
>>17444004
And the wonder boys and success stories, the geniuses- they just don't exist right? If I cant be them I need to destroy them.
>>
>>17444017

Most had mentors to guide them. The ones who manage to do it on their own are long dead or so few in number that it shouldn't matter. And those ones were mentored by books and study, so pick up a fucking book kid.
>>
>>17443900
God, Seymour my senpai.
>>
>>17443900

Look, if you adopt the present method and do what you can do single-handedly, you can go just that far and no farther than you can do single-handedly. If you will learn to work with the system, you can go as far as the system will support you
>>
>>17445049
Fuck the system. It does not have my best interests at heart
>>
>>17444004
this

having mentors are important af

mods ban this annoying millenial shit
>>
File: 1469423393997.png (748KB, 528x693px) Image search: [Google]
1469423393997.png
748KB, 528x693px
>>17445785
>>17444017
>>17443900

You're a whiny piece of shit.

The difference between you and people who will actually achieve things in life is that they have the humility and patience to accept help and guidance when its offered.

>Fuck the system. It does not have my best interests at heart

And you know what? You're right. The system doesn't have your best interest at heart. Get over it.

No one is going to stop what they're doing and coddle you because you feel frustrated. No one is going to beg you to let them help you. No one is going to soften the blow of reality for you because you feel like throwing a hissy fit.

Either you do what you need to do and use the support systems you have to excel or you can sit in your hidey hole, and whine about how everyone's mean and life isn't fair because you aren't a genius and people are mean.

The important thing is, no one cares either way. Your pity party is and always will be a party of one. Either stow the fucking attitude and accept knowledge wherever you can get it or continue being a giant baby and get no where.
>>
>>17445812
I'm so happy when I hear about mass shootings on TV because I know at least one of the victims was some faggot like you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cEcuV-LGQ0

God Bless you Elliot, a true inspiration to us all
>>
>>17445785
Completely false, the system is made up of people, and only people, so it must have enough of their interests at heart to remain functional. And remember, there's a real world out there that tends to knock people on their ass, they think this gives them victim points and they will call other people giant babies at the first sign of weakness, you'll feel this way when it happens to you so just don't take it personally.
>>
>>17445785
What are you doing on /adv/? Go have a nice shotgun mouthwash. You don't deserve a respectful response, or advice, because you CHOOSE to suck then blame others for encouraging you to do well.

OP is pure crybaby proof you can be a dumbass teencunt well past that chronological age.

"Talented" doesn't mean talent has fully manifested. "Smart" doesn't mean "experienced in applying that smartness", and "gifted" doesn't mean immediately able to use that gift or gifts.

Mentoring is incredibly useful, not only when young, but when inexperienced as an adult even if you are very good at other things. Wise adults can mentor and be mentored.

You sound 16. You are doomed to be a fool, but others can read this thread as an example of what not to do.
>>
>>17443900
I have different problem
>Anon you are amazing at this you can go far if you actually try hard
>I am trying hard all the time
>>
>>17445794
>milennial shit

Fucking triggered. We're going to remember all of this shit when the older generation is on its deathbed. BAAAAW about milennials all you want. We will remember. We will work, make our money and our sacrifices, and deliver the karma that's coming for you boomer shitheads.
>>
>>17445835
>>17445856
One day all of you will pay. When you least expect it. The system will burn.
>>
>>17445862
No bitch, you'll become the next Boomers, and the few of you who aren't whining cunts like OP will despise the rest as they already do.

No one will burn the system. The system works very well for the majority which is why they maintain it when they inherit the power to do so. The system delivers excellent comfy life by historic and global standards.

Edgelords cry, but they don't matter. They aren't even speedbumps, just amusing roadkill.

Keep ranting. Wallow in it everyday. Make it your life. No one cares and I think you are hilarious. Rant moar.

I defy you to produce proof "karma" exists. That's wishful thinking/revenge fantasy. You're a fool for confusing the eventual entropy then death of all life for karma. Fucking millennial chump.
>>
>>17445907
>>17445856
>>17445812
>being this sure you're better than someone
See OP people don't change a lot after highschool, lol
>>
File: image.jpg (275KB, 1142x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 1142x1300px
>>17443900
My local carpenter is also my local therapist op you should give him a call ! If not then just perfect your craft in the work of carpentry! I know you got it in you, just listen to me and you'll have what it takes !
>>
>>17443900
>Fuck you. There's only winners and losers in life. Winners bask in glory and fuck the prom queen while losers delude themseves into a life of mediocrity. Jesus Christ humanity, society and consciousness was all just a giant evolutionary fart- this is just a spiral of fucking madness.

What SPECIFICALLY IN YOUR OWN LIFE is bothering you? What is your metric for "winning"? Why is that your metric for winning?

Is there something you want you've not got? What are you doing to get it?

Is your concept of "winning" something bestowed on the winner, or earned by determination, self-discipline, and other traits traditionally associated with winning?

Winners who come from modest circumstances and earn their laurels tend to deliberately cultivate skills and abilities. What do YOU deliberately cultivate?
>>
OP, please try to understand why people are pushing back in this thread. I'm going to be genuine and direct. I think the key line people object to is

>"you suck and you're no good at this anon, try something else" would've sufficed

This is confusing when you later say you don't want to be patronized and want to punish people for it, because that line which would've sufficed is the ultimate patronizing statement: it is a direct claim that you are unhelpable and are unworthy of being helped.

Please try to understand the people in your life are not leading you on when they encourage you, they genuinely think you have potential and believe that with some combination of time on your part and instructions on theirs, you will succeed. If their instructions are too granular or seem to assume you're not smart, explaining that you can handle harder follow-up concepts, or showing direct competency in what they're trying to teach, is all you need to do to get then to speed things up to your level.

We live in an age of relative abundance and I hope you can see that while winners and losers in individual things do exist, (and Stephen Hawkings is never going to dunk, so no, you can't win at everything,) there's so much one can reasonably do and be happy doing that many, even the majority of people,
can "win". It's what you prioritize winning that makes things meaningful.

A man who fucks the prom queen can be just as much a winner as a man who works a low-paying job because he wants to paint, or a man who's an executive and drives a convertible, or a monk who took a vow of poverty and chastity, and I'd argue none are more mediocre for having made their choice.

The real pitiable figures are those without choice or thosewho have choice but fail to recognize that they do; please see that since you are both young and internet connected you probably do and have the choice to stop looking at the world as merely win or lose: it's a much richer world then that.
>>
man op is a fucking loser

but the REAL fags are all of you who keep bumping this thread
learn 2 sage
>>
>>17443900
You're a loser. Don't worry about it.

If you ever want to be a winner get started. Maybe you can't do it but are you going to keep being such a big bitch and fuck around the rest of your life??
>>
>>17447444
>Maybe you can't do it but are you going to keep being such a big bitch and fuck around the rest of your life??

Well I certainly am not gonna sit in the corner while I get cucked by Chad and tel myself "well gee at least I gave it my best"

That just sounds like ultimate defeat
>>
>>17443900
Mentally underage dubs pls leave.
>>
this is one of the most edgy OP's i have read on /adv/. people where trying to help you op. kids need guidance, they where saying you had potential.
>>
>>17445857
>tfw.png
>>
>>17443900
>Fuck you. There's only winners and losers in life. Winners bask in glory and fuck the prom queen while losers delude themseves into a life of mediocrity
>delude themseves into a life of mediocrity

So /v/ ?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.