[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Grow up"? "Being an adult"? WTF is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: Such a kid.png (197KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
Such a kid.png
197KB, 600x320px
From what I gather: The ideal of being a grownup entails being generally more aware of the world/people around you and making responsible decisions.

This seems fairly at odds with many other adults (and my) ways of going about life.
Thankfully I've lived in places/such a way where being part of the community, doing your taxes and other inane stuff wasn't really a thing. Of course, this has limited my life experiences compared to people that have lived in "the real world" and dealt with such bullshit. It's evident in conversations I have with other people my age, but I've grown accustomed to bs-ing my way through it all well enough.
I'm also fine drifting from job to job picking up a wide range of skills, only half listening to the politics and bureaucratic workings of any of these places. I'd rather put all my energy to the task at hand.

Should I bother with "grown up" things like:
Actually dressing for my age rather than graphic tees and jeans outside of work?
Is there worth in acquiring a taste for mainstream hobbies that seem to be best enjoyed with more friends (football for instance)? I don't see myself dropping anime and video games.
Should I take a finer interest in how everything is operated internally and on higher levels?
Are there any other supposed "adult" things I'm missing out on?

My only plans are to save up, look after the immediate needs of my wife and soon coming son until I can plant our roots in a decent house.
I've slapped together attainable sub goals to get there with my wife. Do I need a more definite main goal than that?

TLDR: Should I take more interest in the smaller details of the world around me and what the other adults in it care about?
Can't it be enough to get damn good at my job and just spend the rest of my time with my family or video games? The real friends I've known all my life are online as a voice or text line anyways.
>>
>>17443757
TLDR, I think I got the jist of your question from the topic.
If you're smart you'll do what's best for you.
That's all that matters. Noone is responsible for your own happiness but you.
>>
>>17443757
Being grown up is about hadleing your own business and general well being
>>
>>17443809
>>17443803
If it's that simple, I'm fuckin' set.
Thanks /adv/.
>>
File: 1439634689962.gif (27KB, 650x270px) Image search: [Google]
1439634689962.gif
27KB, 650x270px
>>17443826

Yeah the other poster here is correct as well.
Good luck mate, we're gonna get em
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.