[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey adv My little brother has got the worlds weirdest food pattern.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: e928659b63eeef466ea59f96096e3ae0.jpg (154KB, 720x1133px) Image search: [Google]
e928659b63eeef466ea59f96096e3ae0.jpg
154KB, 720x1133px
Hey adv

My little brother has got the worlds weirdest food pattern. He only drinks coca cola, and only eats pizzas or hamburgers. He just turned 20, and still eats nothing but burgers and pizza. He also always takes off any sort of vegetable on his burgers. Only eats margherita pizzas and refuses to eat anything else.

We're all pretty worried and told him about it as well. He refuses to believe it's bad for his health. He never even tries different food. He's been doing this since he was a kid. We all thought it would change, but it hasn't.

Are we in the wrong, or should he change his diet?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17443638
Have him change his diet..... High blood pressure , diabetes, and any other health problem is going to fuck him up. He ain't over weight ?
>>
>>17443641
For some reason he's not fat. Suppose he's got some super metabolism or shit...
He refuses to change his diet. We all think it's the coke messing with his taste...
>>
>>17443638
It's your parent's fault. don't blame yourself man. you might love him but you didn't bring him into this world. good or bad its always the parents. whether they mean to or not. when things sail good they take credit. when it doesn't sail smoothly they scratch their heads wondering what in the world it could be
>>
>>17443638
In 20 years of him eating just 3 things you never thought to take him to a therapist?!
>>
>>17443698
He refuses to see one. He throws tantrums when we even bring it up. Last time he punched threw a window.
>>17443696
Yeah they know. My dad just doesn't give a shit. And my mom is well, a mom...
>>
>>17443720
How is he, socially?
>>
>>17443733
Not the best. Sits in his room most of the time. Watching anime, and smokes a lot of weed. He doesn't drink, so he never goes out.
>>
In a couple more years at most, his metabolism will pack in and he'll get super fat. Also probably diabetes and a bunch of constipation-relation problems from not eating fruit/veg.

Basically either he'll realise he's turned into a human trash golem, or he'll die of obesity / impacted bowel / scurvy / whatever. Unfortunately with people like this change has to come from within, and a lot of people don't have the willpower to do a complete 180-degree reversal of an entire life's worth of eating and lifestyle habits.

Hopefully he makes the right choice, sorry that you have to go through this anon.
>>
>>17443655
He's not fat because though his diet is shit, he doesn't really eat as much as you think. If he's staying at a certain weight while eating like trash then it's a combination of a fast metabolism and consuming <3000 kcals a day. If he were to consume more than that then he would definitely pack on the pounds but he would have to consume >5000 kcals a day like the fatties. It still stands that he will have health problems later on down the line if he doesn't change up his diet and given his complacent life style, he doesn't use or need a certain amount of energy to maintain it.

It's quite a strange situation because he is just as delusional as the obese when it comes to maintaining a proper diet. The problem is the food but the root of it is in the ignorance and perception on the consumer.
>>
Usually extreme food related problems have underlying issues that are causing them. Basically eating disorders aren't limited to not eating or overeating and what your brother has could be a symptom of something else. At the very least, it's unhealthy due to the transfats, natrium and sugar fast food includes. There are therapists/dieticians who specialize in issues such as these and suggesting to your brother a visit to one might be a good idea.
>>
>>17443776
Would you say he has a narrow range of interests?
>>
Does your brother buy his own food?
If not - why do you keep buying this shit for him?

When I was little and my parents made something that I don't like, they let me starve, after a couple of hours you will eat because you are too hungry to continue.
>>
>>17443892
This. They should give orders and expect them to be obeyed. If they are not obeyed, the only ethical thing to do is throw him out if he's over 18.

He refuses to make good decisions, so parents should parent. It's likely too late though so you should probably give up on him. He's stupid and a loser. That doesn't get better.
>>
>>17443696
Also this.

OP should leave and get a career and life FAR away. Tantrumbro is doomed. It's hard to write off bad people but they take YOU down with them and you cannot fix other people.

Repeat, you cannot fix other people. You can fix yourself by avoiding their loser examples.
>>
>>17443871
Yes very.
>>17443892
He buys the trash himself.
>>17443908
Already did, but family is family. I mean I still get a worried mother on the phone.
>>
>>17443919
>I mean I still get a worried mother on the phone.

Worried enough to make an adult choice or just venting forever? Women do that.

When someone falls out of your cunt it makes you permanently stupid. She's your mother so you can make the adult choice to be her emotional tampon with the adult understanding she and spineless Dad ruined loserbro in the first place.

You don't have to "fix" everything. You can't engage insanebro but IF your parents are capable of adult ACTION you should engage them first. THEY have to give the marching orders and ENFORCE them.

If loserbro punches walls that's threatening violence and they should call the cops. (They won't, I've seen this shit often and know what always happens.) He does it because he KNOWS it will work. Such rebellion must have such shitty consequences he'll give it up or leave home.

Many parents were raised to let their snot monsters do whatever they want. That is wrong because humans thrive on ETHICAL IMPOSED DISCIPLINE. (.milfag here who has seen it turn shitbags into coping humans able to fight wars.)

If your parents aren't able to understand that they are BETRAYING this little cunt by not guiding him with whatever force is necessary then they don't care about him. What they care about is themselves so they want peace more than to do the right thing.
>>
>>17443956
Yeah you've got a point. So basically I should just take my hands off. I already live far away so that's good.
>>
>>17443972
Your brother is on the spectrum, he's in his 20s, and he won't seek help. Yes, wash your hands of it.
>>
>>17444001
Alrighty. Thanks for all the advice guys!
>>
I'm the same way. I've never looked into it, but I've heard it's called Selective Eating Disorder.

I have severe anxiety my girlfriend tells me when I'm around food I'm unfamiliar with, and I'm too scared to try them out.

Half the time if there's dirty dishes with strange food on them, I'll just let it soak in hot water until it comes off on it's own.

My diet is basically pizza and chicken nuggets.

I mean sure there's other stuff I eat, but there's so much more that I don't.

I've never had a burger, or a steak, or ribs, or even a salad.

I've heard hypnotherapy is about the only cure for it. I won't even eat toppings on my pizza.
>>
>>17443972
Also by taking your hands off you don't become "his enemy" early on and will not be associated with the conflicts he provokes and they mismanage.

That leaves you selectively available LATER in his life if he develops to where you are able to engage him.
>>
>>17443638
If he pays for his own food, then there is not much you can do about it.

If he's making everyone buy him burgers and pizzas, I'd come down hard if that were my son and say "You're eating what I buy."

This reminds me of a friend I had in high school who would only eat plain cheerios and bacon. And refused to even try anything else. It was like eating with a toddler.
>>
>>17444032
>My diet is basically pizza and chicken nuggets.

That's addictive (they are engineered that way) garbage which will make you miserable later in life.

I suggest doing anything you DON'T want to do because you should teach yourself to destroy what is stupid. No one else can help.

You can learn fear will not GAIN you anything be indulging in stressful experience.

You will be SO fucked when your youth runs out if you fail to internalize that "all stupidity is wrong". There is no benign level of stupid. The wise seek to eradicate it, not indulge it.

It's not really the food which bothers you.
>>
>>17444045
It is, it's an irrational phobia and I understand that. But it's something I really don't have control over.

Last time I tried a new food, I ended up in tears spitting it out after trying to chew it for almost a minute. I couldn't swallow, I couldn't do anything. That was about 15 years ago.
>>
>>17444171
Wow you're a bitch.
>>
>>17444262
fuck you nigger i'll keep eating pizza and chicken nuggies the rest of my life
>>
>>17444278
>>17444278
Topkek. You eat chicken nuggers and you call other people nigger. Good luck getting a job where you have to go to formal dinners. Good luck having lunch with your boss, to discuss that promotion you wanted. Sort your shit out man.
>>
>>17444301
I skipped the lunch and went right to my bosses boss, and got a bigger raise than I would've if I sat through Olive Garden with my direct boss back then.
>>
>>17444320
>>17444301
So, actually looking back at it, my food phobia got me in a better life position than if I was comfortable eating out.
>>
If you are paying for his stuff then stop enabling him
If you aren't then just let him do his thing.
>>
>>17444278
Please do, it won't take that long at least.
>>
>>17444323
And I made steamy love with Katy Perry.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.