[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here? >Frank and his gf invite Jake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Best-Enjoy-Your-Car-Radio-Step-5.jpg (628KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Best-Enjoy-Your-Car-Radio-Step-5.jpg
628KB, 3200x2400px
Who was in the wrong here?

>Frank and his gf invite Jake to a baseball game
>Frank pays for Jake's $120 ticket as like a gift
>at the end of the day, Jake car radio is not working (Jake drove)
>Jake says it broke because Frank's gf leaned on it
>Jake says it was worth $50 and asks Frank to pay half
>Frank refuses because a) it is unclear how/if his gf really broke the radio, b) he had just bought Jake a ticket that cost more than the cost of the radio and c) Jake has been a selfish autistic weirdo who has been a chore to hang out with for a long time
>Jake and Frank haven't spoken for 2 years now

Will provide more details if necessary.
>>
>>17442983

Jake is in the wrong, but this story is obviously biased in Frank's favour.

Assuming you are Frank in this scenario, did you ask your girlfriend if she may have leant on it and broke the radio by accident? Is it possible Jake was telling the truth and was strapped for cash at the time and still offered to pay half of what was your girlfriends possible mistake?

Petty things like this aren't worth losing friends over, but if Jake is otherwise unpleasant and not of any value to your life then who really cares, but since you came to ask this question after 2 years i'm assuming part of you misses him.
>>
>>17442983
Jake. I'd give him the $25 but then I'd tell him to get fucked.
>>
>>17442983

Recent gifts or favours dont excuse breaking someones property, if your girlfriend did in fact do this then she should pay up, he was even kind enough to offer to pay half of the cost. You should know him enough to know if he is telling the truth, and a good friend would tell the truth, a good friend would also pay up when they fuck their friends property.
>>
>>17442996
I was Frank and Jake's friend, I stopped going out of my way to talk to Jake a little before this incident because he had become unbearable.

But yeah idk if his gf actually leaned on it or not. I wondered that too and asked him, his response was something like "she doesn't remember but mayyybe who knows." Also, she was in the passenger seat but how would she end up leaning on the radio?
>>
>>17443011
>You should know him enough to know if he is telling the truth, and a good friend would tell the truth
He lies all the time and tries to dick people out of money all the time. So even if he's telling the truth it's a boy-who-cries-wolf scenario.
>>
>>17443025

well in that case fuck that guy, sounds like a shit friend and a bad person, i never understood why people keep "friends" like this around, they're not after you best interests so what good are they.
>>
>>17442996
>Is it possible Jake was telling the truth and was strapped for cash at the time
Oh yes, he would buy expensive computer shit and speakers, and like shit loads of weed, if he was trapped for cash it was because he buys unnecessary shit.
>>
>>17443029
>i never understood why people keep "friends" like this around, they're not after you best interests so what good are they
We'd known him since high school. He didn't really mature and actually got worse in some ways. We tried explaining his greater flaws to him but he;s too selfish to admit to them.
>>
>>17443039

If he's lying and trying to con you out of money he is not your friend, some people arent worth helping, he will only change when he decides he wants to.
>>
>>17442983
how does one lean on a car radio and break it?
>>
>>17442983
Radio won't break from someone leaning on it unless they're 800 pounds. Jake is a jew
>>
>>17442983
Jake seems like a dick.
>>
>>17442983
>Frank had just bought Jake a ticket that cost more than the cost of the radio

This should be considered entirely irrelevant to whether or not Frank should give Jake money for the radio. Frank either owes Jake money for the broken radio or doesn't, and the fact that he'd given Jake a gift in the past shouldn't be taken into account from an unbiased standpoint. It only has an effect on Frank's feelings, if Frank can't be objective about his consideration of the radio problem.
>>
>>17443068
>>17443164
This, I feel like his radio just happened to break that day and because he's retarded he blamed Frank and his gf because they happened to be there. Also yes he is literally Jewish.
>>
>>17443244
>the fact that he'd given Jake a gift in the past shouldn't be taken into account
I wouldn't even call it the past since they were on their way back from the event.
>>
>>17442983
The moral of the story is discard losers and annoying people. Life is too short to bother with them.

Your call about what level of whacko to ditch. Autists should be carefully discarded because they are insane and on the way into the long dark night of crazy. Best they forget you early in life.

Jake would make my human garbage list early. I've dumped a few autspergers when their ability to usefully interact over mutual technical interests was eaten by their crazy. They cannot help themselves but they can take you down with them. Run away smoothly.

Nobody is perfect but be ready to eject at any time. I follow the old military rule of not getting close to people. In war they die, in peace some of them ought to. I'm a pleasant fellow with social skills who enjoys the company of smart people as they usually enjoy mine, but I don't invest in them.

Don't cultivate attachment. One may be detached yet care for humanity and be kind. Have some Buddhism:

"“Visākhā, those who have a hundred dear ones have a hundred sufferings. Those who have ninety dear ones have ninety sufferings. Those who have eighty… seventy… sixty… fifty… forty… thirty… twenty… ten… nine… eight… seven… six… five… four… three… two… Those who have one dear one have one suffering. Those who have no dear ones have no sufferings. They are free from sorrow, free from stain, free from lamentation, I tell you.”
>>
File: fatass.jpg (39KB, 580x464px) Image search: [Google]
fatass.jpg
39KB, 580x464px
>>17442983
Your gf broke a radio by just leaning on it?
> land whale detected
>>
>>17444073
Thank for the good advice.

>>17444189
She is fairly chubbo, but she is like 5 feet tall, I find it hard to believe she broke it by leaning on it. Also when I say "broke" I just mean it won't start anymore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.