[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT. Dealing with inferiority complex, narcisistic conducts and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: unavela.jpg (13KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
unavela.jpg
13KB, 213x237px
Everybody at school seems to be passionate for something, you can just tell they know why they are there, probably they love what they are studying, but me, I just don't care. I care enough to go and try my best to pass the courses (which has been hard) but I just dont ''feel it'' like they do. Tricky part is, theres no other part I would wish to be, theres nothing else that I could say ''I prefer I would be there instead of here'', this is literally the best of the worse and I need to finish it because I am in in the middle of 6th semester, my mom is dying and shes counting on me finishing this career (aeronautics).

She often says she ''regrets that wont see me graduate''. This is, for the most part, my fault, due to my failures in the past, I have repeated some courses, meaning that I've fallen back in my studies across the years.

But now that I am back again at it, coupled with what I described above, I've started to get all of these mixed feelings of inferiority and jealousy.

I envy them because they like what they do, and I also envy them because I just feel like a midget in a land of giants. I would like to be a giant, bigger than them if it could be the case, but all the time I am just thinking over and over about all the things I wish to learn, and all the things they probably know, and I realize I am so far behind, and a frustration I cant handle invades me because I realize I can't just learn all of these things now, I cant be like them and I will never be successful because of that.

They all seem so happy, they have friends. Their friends enjoy their company. They seem to be known by the teachers, they look like they have a promising future. And me? I cant relate to anybody, I feel nothing. I just wish I could talk with the people like they do, enjoy their company, but I just cant relate to anybody, none of the people that talk to me and know me.

All of this mess I feel it now and every day and I dont know what the fuck to do.
>>
Find something you enjoy doing then even if its a little hobby on the side just to occupy time, you don't need similarities to strike conversation with people, its a matter of asking the right questions about a topic, giving the other person to give you more than a yes or no answer and tossing the conversation back to you, focusing on them and asking them questions will make them feel comfortable with you, you want to know more about them "oh they must care about me"
>>
You have a lot to deal with right now (very sorry to hear of your mother's condition) but you also mentioned you have had these issues in the past. Strongly advise you talking with Physician and/or school psychology service (in all colleges and they are free - stress management/student services). You could be depressed with mild social anxiety. There are many forms of depression. Depression isn't like the movies or TV (thinking about suicide/crying/no joy/laughter all the time) it is also about feeling numb, lacking interests, self doubt, being unable to maintain focus or drive. You might also have un-diagnosed neurological issues as well that is at a sub clinical or barely clinical level - and with life issues on top of it - is making functioning at your best difficult right now. Things like ADD etc.. that effect executive functioning (EF). EF has to do with completing task/goals, emotional regulation and internal/external motivation. Medications can help with this (along with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT = thinking about your thinking rewires neuro networks to form better/breaking old behaviour patterns - always should be included with medication) - nothing so hardcore they turn you in to a zombie, but help with motivation/focus and/or mild/moderate depression/anxiety. Talk with MD or NP or school services and just get evaluated - they can't make you take anything or do anything you do not want to. There may be trail and error - if medication does not improve situation after 3-5 weeks, maybe need different med/different diagnosis. ADD, Depression, Anxiety, tier One ASD, Sleep issues etc... all have very similar symptoms (and you can have one or more - they are common comorbidities) and if you are sub clinical or barely clinical it takes observation over time to figure out. You can not take care of others unless you are taking care of yourself. Best Wishes and I sincerely hope you go talk with someone for any thing but to help you with your mom.
>>
>>17442677

Ill keep this in mind, but its unlikely that It will happen, there's no such thing in my college (I am not from the united states tho).
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.