[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 25 years old and I am currently employed working front desk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2566.jpg (100KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2566.jpg
100KB, 599x800px
I am 25 years old and I am currently employed working front desk at a hotel. I usually come in early when asked and stay late when asked which is about 8 times out of the 11 days i work in 2 weeks. But no matter what I do they always find something that I did wrong,even if it's something very minor I'm pretty much sick of it. Yesterday was my day off and one of my coworkers didn't show up to work so they called me in I showed up to work and worked the night shift, I only had about 4 hours of sleep and forgot to take out some stuff for breakfast. Now the manager wrote a complaint on a log book that they have here and my general manager is going to see it in the morning and he's probably going to give me s*** about it. I kind of just want to quit but on the other hand I do need money and I don't know how long does it take for me to find another job especially in this small town. So how should I go about this should I just suck it up and look for a new job and then quit or just quit on the spot in the morning because I kind of had enough of this s*** already. (At work currently)
>>
Not sure if you could say this to your boss, but they asked you to come in because they needed help and you showed up immediately. If they want to whine about something you did wrong when you had no warning and no sleep and showed up to work, fuck them. I would find a new job before you quit though.
>>
>>17440569
Yeah bro i know. Hopefully I can find one asap
>>
>>17440552
Talk to the manager, sit them down (record the conversation on your phone if legal in your state) and lay out your position.

1. You are a hard-worker.
2. You are dependable, and always show up to do your job.
3. You are so dependable, you freely cover shifts for others without complaint.

Address the actual problem, you are having to work extensively because others are not being held to the same standard as you in regards to their work, which is affecting your performance on the job due to lack of rest.

Stress that you love your job, you're more than happy to cover shifts when needed, and you are more than happy to address any performance issues that are direct result of your duties. Then stress it is important for others to schedule you appropriately and not abuse your willingness to be a dedicated employee.

Then, deflect and ask for a raise, and go over the list again explaining why you deserve one.
>>
>>17440584
Thanks anon great advice
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.